The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

AB4Lyfe, we'll get back to the job decision shortly, but first...

Post by gbruin »

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:Taking some much needed time to practice cooking for myself these days because cooking is a basic skill that everyone should learn
Maybe we need a TABN recipe thread. I love prepping meals. Spending an hour or so in the kitchen sipping a good drink and cranking some music while putting together a nice meal is a really pretty zen bit of time. Way better than nuking a pizza, though that definitely has its time and place, too.

How are you getting along with the move and new neighborhood? It's just such a crummy time to try to fit in to anything new with so many things clamped down (as much of it needs to be) for now. I hope things are getting a bit more familiar and comfortable for you though.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: "It's 40% woodchips!"

Post by zazthespaz »

I'd endorse a TABN cookbook, but all recipes have to tie into an AB song.
"gbruin's Addicted to Pain Jalapeno Poppers"
"Sheakenbaken's Zero Shake and Bake Pancakes"
"Andy92's I Know it Hurts Meatloaf"

Edit: “zazthespaz’s All Hope is Gone trail mix - for when you’re hopelessly lost” (had to beat Greg to it)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by MaraCarr »

and don't forget my "Slip to the Void" Southern Lemonade. :)

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

8)

Post by Andy92 »

zazthespaz wrote:"Andy92's I Know it Hurts Meatloaf"
This is pretty accurate.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Who knew that song was about getting blackout drunk?!

Post by zazthespaz »

MaraCarr wrote:and don't forget my "Slip to the Void" Southern Lemonade. :)
Winner!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Slip to the void, to the daaark, tooo duhhh faaauughh....

Post by gbruin »

I think we need that recipe right now.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Slip to the void to SEE the light ...

Post by MaraCarr »

LOL ... I needed that! It actually goes very well with my "Metalingus" Red Velvet Cake, "Rise Today" Buttermilk Biscuits and "Calm the Fire" Fried Chicken.

I'm a great cook and recipe creator/chemist. So this kind of thread is exciting to me...it would be an awesome topic to start. I am actually home today...baking cookies and brownies and listening to oldies Christmas music in "Isolation". :cloud9

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Start the thread, Mara!

Post by gbruin »

MaraCarr wrote:LOL ... I needed that! It actually goes very well with my "Metalingus" Red Velvet Cake, "Rise Today" Buttermilk Biscuits and "Calm the Fire" Fried Chicken.

I'm a great cook and recipe creator/chemist. So this kind of thread is exciting to me...it would be an awesome topic to start. I am actually home today...baking cookies and brownies and listening to oldies Christmas music in "Isolation". :cloud9
Mmm, that sounds good! I'm usually on a keto run to mitigate indiscretions like Thanksgiving and the Christmas/New Years diets (and the carbohydrate pitfall is much more the ethanol :beer than the glucose, btw, lol), so tonight I'm making a low carb Tuscan soup with zucchini pasta and a garden salad.

Start the thread off with the lemonade concoction, MC, and we will follow :rockon

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

I’m doing the Keto too. I’m baking for my daughter and her fiancé they eat everything cuz they still look good and can eat anything in their 20’s ! I’ve lost 6 lbs in two weeks and I’m on it with my doctor! I just love to cook and create concoctions for everyone else because It’s fun! :)

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Youth is wasted on the young

Post by gbruin »

MaraCarr wrote:I’m doing the Keto too. I’m baking for my daughter and her fiancé they eat everything cuz they still look good and can eat anything in their 20’s ! I’ve lost 6 lbs in two weeks and I’m on it with my doctor! I just love to cook and create concoctions for everyone else because It’s fun! :)
Nice! It can be a bit tricky keeping cholesterol low, but it's certainly great for staying leaner. It really augments good exercise regimens, too.

MaraCarr
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by MaraCarr »

You are right!

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

You know. It just dawned on me. In all of the concerts and Kings games I've been to in the LA area, I have never once gotten a LA Hot Dog from a cart parked outside of the venue after the event is over. I always grab something to eat hours before I get to the venue and I don't carry cash around. That needs to change once this pandemic is over. That stated, I found a taco place that serves LA Hot Dogs. I may need to go there this weekend.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: Procrastination & Anxiety = No Progress

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

gbruin wrote:How are you getting along with the move and new neighborhood? It's just such a crummy time to try to fit in to anything new with so many things clamped down (as much of it needs to be) for now. I hope things are getting a bit more familiar and comfortable for you though.
Um well aside from when my mom goes out of the house to go to the nearby stores I dont really leave the house that much besides to go on my runs every other day or walking the dogs in the afternoon sometimes. Im getting more used to the neighborhood streets and street names by running throughout them so often so thats good. But I havent ventured out on a bus or beyond the neighborhood by myself yet.

I was trying to find any means of connecting with people around my age in the area online first before going out there and talking to them face to face if I find them, but so far I've come across nothing really :/ :(

TenaciousBe
On The Rail

Post by TenaciousBe »

Words Darker Than Their Boneless BBQ Wings
Join us on the Alter Bridge subreddit!
Sponsored by Moonrise Blue.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

They're Grrrrrrrreat!

Post by gbruin »

I had wings for breakfast today. Granted it was at 11am, but I got up at 10:30 and it was my first meal, so it counts.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

She did just get some new app from Bill Gates...

Post by gbruin »

I got my first covid vaccine this morning. I haven't noticed any side effects but my wife somehow knows exactly where I am at all times now.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: however, shame on you if you didn't read that in Stapp's voice.

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:I got my first covid vaccine this morning. I haven't noticed any side effects but my wife somehow knows exactly where I am at all times now.
I heard the second one neutralizes the tracking chips and costs double.

Good on ya dude! Thanks for continuing to fight the good fight!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I've been working with children for over 4 years now. It's a job I love, and a job I'm good at. But because I'm HSP (highly sensitive), it's an impossible job for me to do full time. For that reason, I started studying for Software Engineering in night school in september 2019.

It's probably been the hardest 1.5 years of my life. It's the hardest I've ever worked, combining a job that basically drains me, with a really intense study. I still got 1.5 years to go. But last summer I decided I was gonna put all my energy in finding a job in the field I was studying in. I told my current boss, who's always been really supportive of me, that I was gonna quit in february 2021.

At the first few job applications, back in october, I was told it was going to be impossible for me to find a job this early. Not even in a mean way. At every interview, I asked for feedback and working points, so I always had something to focus on.

I've been mocked for working so hard and people around me told me it's wasn't going to happen, that I needed to ask my old job back. Last week, I was offered two great jobs. I accepted the one I believe's the best match for me yesterday. It's a pretty great feeling.

/rant
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: time to get it tattooed

Post by zazthespaz »

Congrats Timo! That's awesome for you - way to stick to it! Really living that Kev motto IRL :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

Well done Timo! Some major self belief at work there, Myles would literally be proud of you. Enjoy it! (Both the feeling and the career)
zazthespaz wrote:Congrats Timo! That's awesome for you - way to stick to it! Really living that Kev motto IRL :lol
Do you have the power to alter the forum banner? Feel like it should be shopped in there somewhere.
For all of the hope that it brings...