You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

I’m just a dedicated Freefolk browser

Post by Andy92 »

Lotha wrote:So zaz is supposedly hinting he's Sansa? Where's this Easter Egg I must see it.
Considering you’ve read the books and I haven’t, I find it hard to believe I caught it and you didn’t. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Re: I’m just a dedicated Freefolk browser

Post by Lotha »

Andy92 wrote:
Lotha wrote:So zaz is supposedly hinting he's Sansa? Where's this Easter Egg I must see it.
Considering you’ve read the books and I haven’t, I find it hard to believe I caught it and you didn’t. :lol
Lol I found one thing but I don't remember whose quote it was, if it's a quote we're talking about.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Lemony lemon cakes

Post by Andy92 »

Lotha wrote:
Andy92 wrote:
Lol I found one thing but I don't remember whose quote it was, if it's a quote we're talking about.

Lotha
Colloquial

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by Lotha »

OHHHHHHH but he didn't say... ! Well he didn't say it explicitly. But yeah okay the dessert thing.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: suck itttt Jeoffreyyyyyyyy

Post by zazthespaz »

Interesting. Andy thinks I’m Sansa and has made such abundantly clear. If he thinks I could be his savior, wouldn’t it make sense to keep me hidden? The mafia will likely kill me tonight which Andy should’ve expected leading me to believe he doesn’t need me and is mafia.

Deadline Vote: Andy92
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

If I was mafia I would have just kept quiet and killed you tonight. I was just shocked you doubled town on claiming such a vital role. :lol

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: I have told Ubik I talk too much...

Post by Ubik »

Inconquerable wrote: For transparency's sake, I've moved Ubik down my list quite a bit. I realized that I was putting him in my townie group based on a couple of very small things. His post about wanting to go for the less active players tilted me the wrong way, I feel like that's an easy route to take for mafia. And when he answered my posts about town vibes, he didn't really add anything of his own to it? Like he only talked about the two people (besides himself) that I had listed. It's either we're super agreeing already, or he doesn't want to draw too much attention to himself by adding other names he feels good about. I feel badly about moving him down so much on that one post, but in day one things are rockier than they are in later phases.
As I don't want what happened in the last game to happen again here, I'm going to re-post what I actually said regarding the bolded part:
Ubik wrote:I think by this point in the last game Lotha was already subtly setting me up for death, so either she's changed her MO (voting for someone isn't subtle) or she's moving up on my town list here. Summer used the term "mafia biiish" which is possibly too audacious for a mafia to consider, however the last time she was mafia we all gladly voted her up to heaven so maybe I shouldn't presume.

Day 1 is tough though and I naturally tend to suspect those that are less active, which isn't ideal.
I don't say I wanted to "go for them". The context is that the two I'd mentioned feeling better about so far had appeared the most straightforward and responsive. So I qualified it by bringing up my tendency to be wary of quieter early players because my feelings could change relatively quickly, acknowledging that it's not always an ideal method of judgement. You then ask me which of them I'd vote for, so I answer that with the info available, and not particularly emphatically for the same reason. It's probably just a misunderstanding but the two things have quite different connotations to me and I wanted that to be clear.

Your other reasoning is fair and worth noting, it's only that particular wording I take issue with.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: GUS WHY!?

Post by Inconquerable »

Lotha wrote:Other than some defensiveness, not really lol. But I also wasn't trying to start a bandwagon, just was unclear on how long the day phase lasted (which isn't your fault Dissident btw, it just takes me some time to get into the groove of things) and whether or not we were required to vote.

But I'm keeping it for now, since I don't think we'll be voting anyone out on Day 1 anyway. Pretty sure that historically whenever it was allowed by the rules, we'd have a no lynch day 1.
Yeah I didn't think you were trying to start anything with it anyway, I took it more as you poking around and seeing what happens. I think she's a pretty safe townie bet for me right now, her not really reacting to it too much didn't change that for me. I'm up for not killing anybody today though.
Timotheus wrote:Well, there've been some updates. I agree with you on Andy. He's less suspicious than usual. Though last time I thought he was suspicious, and he was a townie, so there's that :lol I think his vote against Silver makes sense, at least.

Summer, Ubik and Lotha are textbook townies to me. All rather logical and thinking in the interest of the townies. You as well, Incon.

The rest, I'm not sure of yet. I never know how to read Micky in this game. Haven't played with Silver yet, but she won last game, so I'm not going to underestimate her. Then there's zaz... He's somewhere in the middle for me. No reason to distrust him yet, but he's kind of saying nothing at the same time.
I agree with all but one of your takes, and it might just be a me already being nervous thing, but the one I'm iffy on is Ubik. I liked instantly that he was asking me questions about what I was doing and wasn't just taking everything at face value. But THIS was the post that slid him down my list. On its own it looks fine, but if he's answering me, he basically took two of the people I considered townies and gave some kind of... ish... reads on them and then suggested going for less active people. It's not the worst post in the world, but on day one without pages and pages of stuff to go through, it bumped him down my list quite a bit. That paired with how townie I thought he was in the last game and not seeing the same thing yet.

Cam is another story. I agree that he hasn't given us much to go on, which made me think of his Purgatory game. But even there he was giving more thoughts in the thread, same with Micky's Scream game. Now I have to figure out this potential doctor claim. More on that later on in this post.
Silver wrote:I see you, Andy, I see you. ;)

I'm not sure I trust Inc or Lotha (or Summer, but less so) at this stage. They seem to be the "big" players for this game and it's super easy for a mafia to sneak up and gain everyone's trust as a towncore thing. I don't love it and I'll be keeping a super close eye on them for now.
I understand your position here. What makes you less worried about Summer than Lotha and I?

-------------------------------------

Ok so this doctor claim from Cam. Lots to unpack here. My biggest concern about this is that he answered my question (hey it was useful after all!) HERE saying that he doesn't see the benefit in claiming since it'll be hard to verify. We do know that we have a cop in the game, but I really don't want to see the cop out their role so I see his point. But now we have a bit of a contradiction.

On the other hand, does mafia hint at having a role that we know is in the game? I doubt it. Draws too much attention to them. Also it's not like he was in any danger of being voted out. I had him low on my list but I don't think I would have gone there at this stage in the game without something more concrete. Maybe he was dropping the hint early so he could use it later on as backup that "hey I was hinting at this the whole time, don't get rid of me I'm the doctor!" But then he drew attention to it pretty blatantly. With him having so few posts, the people who know Game of Thrones were always going to find it when he brought it up.

I don't full know how to feel about it, I guess I have more points in favour of him being ok based on this alone, but he did contradict himself a bit too which is concerning. I need to mull this over. Don't really like voting against a potential doctor in day one to be honest. This might be another point in favour of not voting this round. If he doesn't die in the night then we question it in day two?

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: My bad!

Post by Inconquerable »

Ubik wrote:
Inconquerable wrote: For transparency's sake, I've moved Ubik down my list quite a bit. I realized that I was putting him in my townie group based on a couple of very small things. His post about wanting to go for the less active players tilted me the wrong way, I feel like that's an easy route to take for mafia. And when he answered my posts about town vibes, he didn't really add anything of his own to it? Like he only talked about the two people (besides himself) that I had listed. It's either we're super agreeing already, or he doesn't want to draw too much attention to himself by adding other names he feels good about. I feel badly about moving him down so much on that one post, but in day one things are rockier than they are in later phases.
As I don't want what happened in the last game to happen again here, I'm going to re-post what I actually said regarding the bolded part:
Ubik wrote:I think by this point in the last game Lotha was already subtly setting me up for death, so either she's changed her MO (voting for someone isn't subtle) or she's moving up on my town list here. Summer used the term "mafia biiish" which is possibly too audacious for a mafia to consider, however the last time she was mafia we all gladly voted her up to heaven so maybe I shouldn't presume.

Day 1 is tough though and I naturally tend to suspect those that are less active, which isn't ideal.
I don't say I wanted to "go for them". The context is that the two I'd mentioned feeling better about so far had appeared the most straightforward and responsive. So I qualified it by bringing up my tendency to be wary of quieter early players because my feelings could change relatively quickly, acknowledging that it's not always an ideal method of judgement. You then ask me which of them I'd vote for, so I answer that with the info available, and not particularly emphatically for the same reason. It's probably just a misunderstanding but the two things have quite different connotations to me and I wanted that to be clear.

Your other reasoning is fair and worth noting, it's only that particular wording I take issue with.
No you're right, "wanting to go for them' was strong mis-wording, I apologize for that. My thinking there though is that it's easy for mafia to say "let's look at the quiet ones" so it doesn't look so bad for them if they come up as townies. But you're right the wording is important.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Andy92 wrote:If I was mafia I would have just kept quiet and killed you tonight. I was just shocked you doubled town on claiming such a vital role. :lol
Andy you absolute wanker, you outed our doctor :D

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Who role claims the doctor on Day 1?

Post by Andy92 »

Lotha wrote:
Andy92 wrote:If I was mafia I would have just kept quiet and killed you tonight. I was just shocked you doubled town on claiming such a vital role. :lol
Andy you absolute wanker, you outed our doctor :D
He shouldn’t have been so obvious. :lol

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

That's such a Sansa thing to do. If this results in Ned dying, I quit, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: My first friendship bracelet! =D

Post by Inconquerable »

zazisaspaz wrote:Are we all falling in love with Incon, or is it just me? Wow she’s so fun to have in these games and I just love it! She could still totally be trying to manipulate us all, but at this point, I’m here for it. Do your thang, girl! <inner thoughts say, if she is a townie, mafia may try to frame her so be extra wary>

Something I keep thinking of is Cameron’s topic of desserts. Was this meant to be a hint of a character? He seems to be taking a back seat in this game and I’m not yet sure why.

At this moment, I really don’t feel ready to vote for anybody.
First, thank you, happy to be playing with everybody again! <3

Second, is Cam your only suspicion right now? I know you're not ready to vote yet, but is anybody else giving you weird vibes at this point?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I’m not suspicious of Cam. But I am questioning his intellect.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Vote Tally
Player Name - Immediate/Deadline - Players Voting for them
Micky - 0/1 - Inconquerable
ZazISASpaz - 0/1 - Lotha
Silver - 0/1 - Andy92
Andy92 - 0/1 - ZazTHEspaz

5 Votes required for elimination, 8.5 hours remaining in Day 1

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I don’t know if I’m going to get to post much more before the deadline so I’m just going to have to throw a vote out there

Deadline Vote:Andy92

He ruined my trust with him
Thanks Andy!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Next you’ll be telling me her favorite color is blue.

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:I’m not suspicious of Cam. But I am questioning his intellect.
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: I’m pretty stupid.

I didn’t think the lemon cake was that obvious but given my post count in here, I should’ve thought it through a little more. I also wasn’t expecting Andy to go and highlight my Easter egg, draw a huge red circle around it, and then shine a spotlight on it. (All metaphorically of course) Finally, I had no idea the lemon cake was that common of knowledge. I’ve watched GoT all the way through within a year and have no recollection of it. Y’all nerds for remembering that.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

I don’t know what her favorite coffee is though

Post by Andy92 »

zazthespaz wrote:

I didn’t think the lemon cake was that obvious but given my post count in here, I should’ve thought it through a little more. I also wasn’t expecting Andy to go and highlight my Easter egg, draw a huge red circle around it, and then shine a spotlight on it. (All metaphorically of course) Finally, I had no idea the lemon cake was that common of knowledge. I’ve watched GoT all the way through within a year and have no recollection of it. Y’all nerds for remembering that.
You should’ve gone with the sipping Starbucks line!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Going to be using "GUS WHY" for a while up here.

Post by Inconquerable »

It is certainly an interesting move. I'm not going to vote for him today, but I'm interested to see what happens in the night phase. A weird part of me thinks it might have been a way to set you up (considering he voted for you after you drew attention to it). And considering my top suspect did this...
Micky wrote:I don’t know if I’m going to get to post much more before the deadline so I’m just going to have to throw a vote out there

Deadline Vote:Andy92

He ruined my trust with him
...essentially eliminating the option for no kill today (unless he makes it back before the deadline to remove his vote), I feel ok staying on Micky for today. It's way too early to be thinking about teams, but they were both at the top of my suspicions list (with Micky ahead of Cam as previously mentioned). Do I see two teammates voting the same way at the start of a wagon though? No. Ok I'm thinking of a lot of different things right now and might be considering voting for Cam instead. UGH, GUS! Let me think this through.
zazthespaz wrote:

To be fair, as soon as you mentioned leaving an Easter egg, I went through all of your posts to try to find it. I know nothing about Game of Thrones so obviously wasn't going to, but if you drop something like that, people are going to go on the hunt. I'm in two minds about you right now and I don't like it!

Ok going to go think about this. If anybody has theories, I'd love to hear them, because I'm thinking of some weird scenarios right now.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I'm about to go to bed. If anybody's wondering, I'm choosing not to vote for anybody, because I think it doesn't make sense to kill anybody without any real information.

See you all tomorrow!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.