You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Talk about anything and everything here.
zazisaspaz
On The Rail

Hey Lotha, I need your address please so I can mail you your friendship bracelet :p

Post by zazisaspaz »

Wheeeee how flattering that people are thinking of me!

Okay so when I first read Inky’s three townies suspects, I was like “awww yay this precious angel is a townie and we’re going to win and frolic in a field of townie happiness!” Then I was like, “hold up, what if this real-life cherub is playing mind games and actually a mafia biiish who just wants to get 1-3 townies on her good side and/or look innocent to all townies all while potentially putting thoughts into townie heads about who to vote for”

(To all English as a second language members, I hope that all translated with the proper effects)

So now I don’t know what to do except do what everyone else is doing and wait to hear more :D
Last edited by zazisaspaz on Sat Jun 27, 2020 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: Can I also have a friendship bracelet though?

Post by Inconquerable »

Timotheus wrote:The only thing I've really noticed so far I'd that Incon's playing a super open first round. Everybody else is textbook themselves, lol.
Does this make you feel one way or the other about my alignment, mafia or town?
zazisaspaz wrote:Wheeeee how flattering that people are thinking of me!

Okay so when I first read Inky’s three townies suspects, I was like “awww yay this precious angel is a townie and we’re going to win and frolic in a field of townie happiness!” Then I was like, “hold up, what if this real-life cherub is playing mind games and actually a mafia biiish who just wants to get 1-3 townies on her good side and/or look innocent to all townies all while potentially putting thoughts into townie heads about who to vote for”

(To all English as a second language members, I hope that all translated with the proper affects)

So now I don’t know what to do except do what everyone else is doing and wait to hear more :D
So basically if I may, I'm trying to find townies first. This is my strategy for this game. I'm not super concerned with finding out who has which role because A) there's a lot of possible roles and we could waste all of our time trying to put square pegs into round holes, and B) it's not like... super relevant? Especially on day one. I want to find a group of people I think I can trust (which is flexible), and try to eliminate the people outside of that group who I think are bad. That's why I opened the game up with my question, which again I'll expand on later after I see Silver's answer. That's also why I voted for Micky. I've watched these games closely and I think I have a good chance at clearing him on day one depending on how he reacts. The bigger my pool of townies is, the easier I think it'll be to find mafia.

I hope that helps everybody see where I'm coming from.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: You Win Or You Die - Game Of Thrones Mafia

Post by Ubik »

I think by this point in the last game Lotha was already subtly setting me up for death, so either she's changed her MO (voting for someone isn't subtle) or she's moving up on my town list here. Summer used the term "mafia biiish" which is possibly too audacious for a mafia to consider, however the last time she was mafia we all gladly voted her up to heaven so maybe I shouldn't presume.

Day 1 is tough though and I naturally tend to suspect those that are less active, which isn't ideal.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Silver
Brand New Start

Post by Silver »

HI YES SORRY FOR BEING LATE.

To answer Incon's question about role claiming: I feel like that's not gonna be a good idea. There's a bajillion different roles, we have no idea which ones are even being used - That's gonna be chaos and I see people lying about their roles. Maybe later in the game we can delve into that but I wouldn't really go into that before d2 or 3 personally. Sounds like a logistical nightmare. XD

I haven't gotten any good reads on anyone yet, I'm just giving all y'all the suspicious stinkeye as of now. XD

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

So if no one is voted out at the end of the 48 hours do we just go to night phase with no kill?

I’ll probably take a chance at voting for someone but figured I’d ask. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Okay hi,

Sorry I worked all day today and posted on my break.

Inconq, already voting for me?! I don’t know if I feel honored or upset. But because I love you, I’ll be okay with it.

Cam, my birthday isn’t until July 12, the party is early cause of scheduling issues with some friends and my moms surgery.

When do deadline votes need to be in by? My instinct is to vote Andy but that’s because he used me and abused me last game
Thanks Andy!

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Andy92 wrote:So if no one is voted out at the end of the 48 hours do we just go to night phase with no kill?

I’ll probably take a chance at voting for someone but figured I’d ask. :lol
Yes.
Micky wrote:Okay hi,

Sorry I worked all day today and posted on my break.

Inconq, already voting for me?! I don’t know if I feel honored or upset. But because I love you, I’ll be okay with it.

Cam, my birthday isn’t until July 12, the party is early cause of scheduling issues with some friends and my moms surgery.

When do deadline votes need to be in by? My instinct is to vote Andy but that’s because he used me and abused me last game
Before the deadline of Tomorrow night at 10pm Pacific. You aren't obligated to vote... however it could look poorly on you later on if you don't and said person ends up being a mafia.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Lol Summer, I really did just randomize the vote (in case we needed to put a vote in before phase end). I'm cool with you! For now :shifty
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Lotha wrote:Lol Summer, I really did just randomize the vote (in case we needed to put a vote in before phase end). I'm cool with you! For now :shifty
Don’t trust her Summer! She’s evil!!!!
Thanks Andy!

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Re: This post is just missing math.

Post by Inconquerable »

Ubik wrote:Day 1 is tough though and I naturally tend to suspect those that are less active, which isn't ideal.
So of the less active, who would you consider voting for?
Micky wrote:Inconq, already voting for me?! I don’t know if I feel honored or upset. But because I love you, I’ll be okay with it.
I love you too! This response is... really tame for you? I have to be honest I was expecting you to be a bit more taken aback like you were in previous games, but this is almost dismissive. I didn't think I was going to do this, but I'm leaving my vote on Micky for now.

---------------------------------

Ok so my question from the beginning of the game. My answer to it: mass role-claim would be a horrible idea. Following my trying to find townies strategy, I wanted to see what people would say to the idea. I didn't expect mafia to come out and be all for it, but I thought that I could find some hints based on the answers. This is what I found (in order from the player list on the first page):

Lotha: Gave a solid answer, basically agreeing that it would be a bad idea.
Ubik: I liked his answer too. About half the group had answered by this point but he added a new element to his answer unique from everybody else. I like the unique thinking.
Andy92: Kind of just openly mocked the question.
Micky: Didn't answer.
Silver: Hers was the last answer (which is fine), she didn't have anything new to add but agreed that it would be bad. Neutral feelings on this.
Timotheus: Gave a good answer that I liked right away.
Cam: Solid answer, again agreeing that it's a bad idea.
Summer: Gave me the best answer, the one that aligned with my view the most. This is why I have her in my town group right now. She thought it would be bad and was unabashed about it.

So from the question I got my three town vibes that I mentioned on the last page, and they have basically stayed since then. Lotha and Summer have become more solid town reads since. Micky just not answering is probably ok, he didn't really answer much when he came into the thread (except my vote and his birthday), but his subdued reaction to my vote puts him as the most suspicious for me right now. It's day one so this isn't a great case, but it's what I have right now.

I want to give Andy the benefit of the doubt here. He hasn't given us really... anything yet, but he can't always be mafia. Am I giving him a pass? No. But right now I don't think I'm willing to vote there today. Also won't be voting for Lotha or Summer.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Re: Can I also have a friendship bracelet though?

Post by Timotheus »

Inconquerable wrote:
Timotheus wrote:The only thing I've really noticed so far I'd that Incon's playing a super open first round. Everybody else is textbook themselves, lol.
Does this make you feel one way or the other about my alignment, mafia or town?
I agree with your reasoning. But last game I played I thought Summer and zaz were townies early in the game, because they were saying the right thing and their thoughts aligned with my thoughts. They ended up being mafia, and it gave me such a tunnel vision for 3/4th of the game that it almost broke me, so I'm a bit more reluctant this time :D
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

That tunnel vision and aligning with zaz was why I was absolutely sure you were mafia that game, Timo.

So I agree, not the best move to make any assumptions based on the first round - there are things that can only become clear in hindsight anyway. A small detail can cast a long shadow on the rest of the game and you won't even notice it because you're looking straight at the light.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

I have a question about QT's btw - they are for our night actions but what about other notes? Is it sort of like a Last Will thing, too? Can we write theories and stuff in there?

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

My answer was pretty “tame” because I had just gotten off working an 11 hour day and was exhausted lol

I’ll be more actively involved after the weekend (if I’m still alive) because I work 11 hour days Fri-Sun

EDIT: Inconq I never saw your question, I apologize. Here’s my answer: a mass role claim is giving me PTSD from last game. I couldn’t handle it :lol
Thanks Andy!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Lotha wrote:I have a question about QT's btw - they are for our night actions but what about other notes? Is it sort of like a Last Will thing, too? Can we write theories and stuff in there?
Lol yea, let's spam The Dissident's feed with random thoughts.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Re: This post is just missing math.

Post by Ubik »

Inconquerable wrote:
Ubik wrote:Day 1 is tough though and I naturally tend to suspect those that are less active, which isn't ideal.
So of the less active, who would you consider voting for?
Micky wrote:Inconq, already voting for me?! I don’t know if I feel honored or upset. But because I love you, I’ll be okay with it.
I love you too! This response is... really tame for you? I have to be honest I was expecting you to be a bit more taken aback like you were in previous games, but this is almost dismissive. I didn't think I was going to do this, but I'm leaving my vote on Micky for now.

---------------------------------

Ok so my question from the beginning of the game. My answer to it: mass role-claim would be a horrible idea. Following my trying to find townies strategy, I wanted to see what people would say to the idea. I didn't expect mafia to come out and be all for it, but I thought that I could find some hints based on the answers. This is what I found (in order from the player list on the first page):

Lotha: Gave a solid answer, basically agreeing that it would be a bad idea.
Ubik: I liked his answer too. About half the group had answered by this point but he added a new element to his answer unique from everybody else. I like the unique thinking.
Andy92: Kind of just openly mocked the question.
Micky: Didn't answer.
Silver: Hers was the last answer (which is fine), she didn't have anything new to add but agreed that it would be bad. Neutral feelings on this.
Timotheus: Gave a good answer that I liked right away.
Cam: Solid answer, again agreeing that it's a bad idea.
Summer: Gave me the best answer, the one that aligned with my view the most. This is why I have her in my town group right now. She thought it would be bad and was unabashed about it.

So from the question I got my three town vibes that I mentioned on the last page, and they have basically stayed since then. Lotha and Summer have become more solid town reads since. Micky just not answering is probably ok, he didn't really answer much when he came into the thread (except my vote and his birthday), but his subdued reaction to my vote puts him as the most suspicious for me right now. It's day one so this isn't a great case, but it's what I have right now.

I want to give Andy the benefit of the doubt here. He hasn't given us really... anything yet, but he can't always be mafia. Am I giving him a pass? No. But right now I don't think I'm willing to vote there today. Also won't be voting for Lotha or Summer.
So the main ones that had been inactive up to that point were Micky and Silver. But Micky is busy and Silver is new to the board, though as we saw in the last game that doesn't prevent her using this to her advantage. When I asked you whether it was a hunch on Micky earlier it was partly based on that, partly because his only post had been about being confused, which immediately reminded me of the Witcher game, and I'd wondered if that's what you'd noticed as you had a solid read on him that whole game. But I also had the same feeling during Purgatory, which was a misread.

Andy is chaos itself but has mainly been posting fluff so far, which at least means he's not scheming yet.
For all of the hope that it brings...

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: New rank?

Post by zazthespaz »

Ubik wrote:Andy is chaos itself but has mainly been posting fluff so far, which at least means he's not scheming yet.
Chaos topped with marshmallow.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Now I feel kinda bad for “openly mocking” Incon’s post. :lol

Also, I know Silver is new, but last game she was the Clockmaker and slipped by everyone with the “oh I’m just figuring everyone’s play styles out” line. I gave her the benefit of the doubt last time but I need to see some more posts this time. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Psst, guys. Pssst! Andy is mafia.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

Lotha wrote:Psst, guys. Pssst! Andy is mafia.
Wouldn’t be surprised. Can’t trust him with anything anymore :shrug
Thanks Andy!