The Movie Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: The Movie Thread

Postby gbruin » Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:07 am

A Star Is Born

Fantastic. Bradley Cooper is very surprisingly good. Lady Gaga is simply incredible.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AHart96
Rise Today

Postby AHart96 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:06 pm

Seeing the new Halloween movie in less than an hour, SO excited

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Creed: 9/3/2012 Alter Bridge: 4/24/2014 Tremonti: 9/16/2015

Check out my band, "Formal Denial", on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/formaldenialband/

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Postby Andy92 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:58 pm

AHart96 wrote:Seeing the new Halloween movie in less than an hour, SO excited

I saw it tonight, and I don’t wanna spoil it for anyone, but I thought it was really cool that the movie actually takes place on Halloween night. I mean that’s some top writing and I really didn’t expect that twist.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Postby One Drew Remains » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:24 pm

I enjoyed it a lot. Many callbacks without being too up front with them
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Postby gbruin » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:11 pm

Just got tix to see Bohemian Rhapsody tomorrow. I'm usually pretty skeptical about movies like this because the story of Queen and Freddy is 3+ decades and counting and simply can't be done justice in 2 hours, and then Hollywood always has to sensationalize stuff unnecessarily (same goes for First Man) and make it even worse, but it is still Queen and I am curious to see how Rami Malek handles it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Postby AHart96 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:51 pm

gbruin wrote:Just got tix to see Bohemian Rhapsody tomorrow. I'm usually pretty skeptical about movies like this because the story of Queen and Freddy is 3+ decades and counting and simply can't be done justice in 2 hours, and then Hollywood always has to sensationalize stuff unnecessarily (same goes for First Man) and make it even worse, but it is still Queen and I am curious to see how Rami Malek handles it.

Just saw it today. Definitely a cliff notes version of the Freddy/Queen story and some historical changes were made to fit a movie formula, but I loved it. Rami Malek was unbelievable as Freddy, star-making performance in my opinion. The live concert scenes and studio scenes were amazing, especially Live Aid and the making of Bohemian Rhapsody. I got very emotional a few times in the last third of the movie. I think your enjoyment of this movie depends on what you’re hoping to get out of it, I’ve seen a fair bit of negative reaction from people who were hoping for a different story to be told

Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Creed: 9/3/2012 Alter Bridge: 4/24/2014 Tremonti: 9/16/2015

Check out my band, "Formal Denial", on Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/formaldenialband/

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Postby gbruin » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:48 pm

I'm with you, Hartie. I'm not sure what people were expecting that would give them a bad impression of the movie. I was very pleasantly surprised how they fit enough of the Queen/Freddy Mercury story into a movie. Sure, it's an inherently cursory look at Freddy and the band, but they did a very sincere and reasonable job with what a 2 hour movie allows. The big headline though was Rami Malek. He was freaking incredible. His performance justifies the entire project.

Return to “General Discussion”