What grinds your gears?

Talk about anything and everything here.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: What grinds your gears?

Post by Andy92 »

After knowing you for the past few years, I think your music tastes have just changed over time compared to what this site generally brings in. I know the discussion here isn't all about music, but that's a big part of it at the end of the day. Doesn't mean you can't discuss things here, but it's not unreasonable to think you wouldn't find the community as intriguing as you used to given your current music interests.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

:lol
Photobucket cash grab.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

Andy92 wrote:After knowing you for the past few years, I think your music tastes have just changed over time compared to what this site generally brings in. I know the discussion here isn't all about music, but that's a big part of it at the end of the day. Doesn't mean you can't discuss things here, but it's not unreasonable to think you wouldn't find the community as intriguing as you used to given your current music interests.
Yeah, that's definitely the majority of it. Times change. This is still a good group of people though. Probably why I hung around so long despite rarely posting.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't always agree with you, Nick, but I'd miss your posts on here. Who else is going to tell me the new Steven Wilson album sucks and still make me appreciate the way you did it?
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Anybody ever feel like they're being set up to fail at their job sometimes? Not in a malicious way or anything...just apathy to the nth degree from bosses until something's "on fire" and must finally be dealt with or complications that seemingly arise into a perfect storm of obstacles. Some weeks I literally just live for the weekend.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

Nick wrote:
Andy92 wrote:After knowing you for the past few years, I think your music tastes have just changed over time compared to what this site generally brings in. I know the discussion here isn't all about music, but that's a big part of it at the end of the day. Doesn't mean you can't discuss things here, but it's not unreasonable to think you wouldn't find the community as intriguing as you used to given your current music interests.
Yeah, that's definitely the majority of it. Times change. This is still a good group of people though. Probably why I hung around so long despite rarely posting.
Nick, you leaving would grind my gears. You've always been one of my favorite voices on literature and interesting book suggestions.

But time is the only thing that ever keeps going the same way as before. Where ever you go, Nick, take my quote with you. Peace, bro.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

alteredme
Brand New Start

Post by alteredme »

What grinds my gears is looking forward to an AB "Live in Milan" dvd that is due in June 2014 but that never arrives...

alteredme
Brand New Start

Post by alteredme »

Fish Tacos wrote:Anybody ever feel like they're being set up to fail at their job sometimes? Not in a malicious way or anything...just apathy to the nth degree from bosses until something's "on fire" and must finally be dealt with or complications that seemingly arise into a perfect storm of obstacles. Some weeks I literally just live for the weekend.
Some bosses just love the power trip and use their position to work out their insecurities.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Just picked up my $120 framed Tremonti poster from Hobby Lobby for $106. I told the girl I had a 40% off coupon so with taxes and such it should have been about $30 less than what I paid...I wasn't really paying attention cuz I was checking out the frame so it's my fault but I noticed the receipt when I got home and just sighed to myself. She used a calculator and everything...how'd she fk that up?

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Does the cash register not apply the discount correctly for her? Still, it's sad when you can have a job in retail and not know how percentages work.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

Being called in to work for somebody for the umpteenth time in the past 2-3 weeks :pout I hate my job
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: to play mafia.

Post by zazthespaz »

AHart96 wrote:Being called in to work for somebody for the umpteenth time in the past 2-3 weeks :pout I hate my job
You can say no! I used to be that guy and realized I was always covering for everyone. You're not obliged to say yes! Sure there's a guilt trip but you also need the time off!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Even though I'm a Yankee, Alabama isn't setup to deal with snow so when we got less than a quarter of an inch that stuck yesterday, everybody FREAKED. OUT. They let us out at 1:30, and I didn't get home till 4:15 (I live ~5 miles from work). Wall to wall traffic. I sat in traffic for 2 hours and was within a quarter mile of my apartment when they closed the road. So I tried to backtrack and take a different route but they'd closed that one too. Only options left were much longer routes that were craaaaawling so I eventually said fk it, parked as close as I could on a route that's been closed for a year because the bridge was out and walked 30 minutes home braving my way across a construction worker "bridge" (foot wide steel board that wobbled) over a creek.

You can't start closing roads when you have wall to wall traffic!! People will never get home!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

ZAZTHESPAZ
Last edited by SHEAKENBAKEN on Sat Feb 21, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Where is ZAZ today? =X

Post by zazthespaz »

Boy, good thing he's not here to see this!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: IF THAT REALLY WAS YOU INCONQ THEN DON'T WORRY I FORGIVE

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:Boy, good thing he's not here to see this!
:shifty SO IT WAS YOU INCONQ WHO CARRIED THAT SHIT PLAY OUT? FUCK YOU!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

Are they actually logging into each other's accounts now? When are they getting married ffs?
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: just go to Timmy's and have a donut

Post by zazthespaz »

There there Sheakenba. It'll be ok =)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Lotha wrote:Are they actually logging into each other's accounts now? When are they getting married ffs?
It was a game related decision to switch accounts and have her be zaz aka the mod of the game and zaz would be playing it. I spoiled that plan by announcing it in the thread. I don't see what difference it made to the game overall but oh well. My main issue was trying to text Inconq when zaz was using her account and vice versa so I didn't know who I was talking to or when I was talking to another person. And it's such a breach of PM privacy

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Re: just go to Timmy's and have a donut

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

zazthespaz wrote:There there Sheakenba. It'll be ok =)
TAKE YOUR TIMMY'S AND SUCK IT!