Video Game Bonanza!

Talk about anything and everything here.
nagpo
Burn It Down

Re: Video Game Bonanza!

Post by nagpo »

no good deal really. at least not as good as last year. i picked up starcraft 2 for 9.99. Might pick up some psp jrpgs but im not sure yet

SHEAKENBAKEN wrote:I need your opinions on what games I should get soon/eventually on The One, guys.

The Witcher 3?
Far Cry 4?
Assassin's Creed Unity?
Sunset Overdrive?
Dying Light?

I just think there's so many unworthy games being made these days. They don't make them like they used to; and now I'm finding less and less games to buy.
Get The Witcher 3. It will, without a doubt be a contender for best game of 2015. I would suggest the PC version, if the one is your only option then go for it. but i would suggest playing tw2 first. tw3 will definitely be worth the full price. I'm buying it day one.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

I'd recommend The Witcher 3 as well. It will probably be the least repetitive and the highest quality of all the games listed.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Dragon Age is $44.99 today an Amazon for a deal of the day. $15 off for a new game.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Like how I'm talking in a video game thread

Post by zazthespaz »

Andy92 wrote:Dragon Age is $44.99 today an Amazon for a deal of the day. $15 off for a new game.
I saw that... tempted.... especially since I'll be out of a job next week! (it was a temporary job and I'm tired of it anyway so don't feel bad. There are other things about me you can feel bad about)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Enjoying Shadow of Mordor so far. It's not as short as I thought if you're into doing side quests and collecting things. I've played for around 6 hours total and have finished 15% of the main game. The world looks awesome, and the combat style is pretty good. I like taming mounts to ride on.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Was playing some more through Far Cry 4. One mission starts with a guy flying out out to a mountain top via prop plane, then you're supposed to parachute over to the nearby enemy encampment and wreak havoc. I guess the level designers didn't much care for logic as the prop plane is sitting in a 50 foot clearing on the mountain top with plummeting drops on all sides. No clue how the hell it landed there.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: LOOKING AT YOU, GLADYS!!!

Post by zazthespaz »

Fish Tacos wrote:Was playing some more through Far Cry 4. One mission starts with a guy flying out out to a mountain top via prop plane, then you're supposed to parachute over to the nearby enemy encampment and wreak havoc. I guess the level designers didn't much care for logic as the prop plane is sitting in a 50 foot clearing on the mountain top with plummeting drops on all sides. No clue how the hell it landed there.
Don't question. Just appreciate.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I bought a PS4 a few weeks back, and i got it with Assassin's Creed Unity. I'm a huge AC fan, even have a tattoo for it on my arm(i got it for my best friend who's overseas in Bahrain right now, it's our favorite game and it just kinda means a lot to us), but man this game was broken when i bought it. All the glitches and whatnot, really distracts from the fun. My guy will stop running in the middle of the chase, fall through the floor, lose his face, his weapons will stab people and they wont die. Even with the new patch i'm having problems.

I also got the Assassin's Creed Rogue for xbox 360, and it's okay. It's a lot like Batman: Arkham Origins. It's not bad, but really just feels kind of bland and half assed.

I also got Lego Batman 3, which is actually really fun. I dont like the lego games too much, but i really got a kick out of it.

My buddy bought me Lego Marvel because he says its amazing, and i beat it, its okay.

I bought Dragon Age: Inquisition the other day and WOW this game is amazing! I love games like this and Skyrim. They're amazing. I'll be playing this for a while!

Super stoked for Batman: Arkham Knight. Cant wait to play that.
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

This is why I'm hesitant to get AC

[youtube]http://youtu.be/RNABUo9IiHU[/youtube]

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

there are times when the games runs perfectly and it's amazing, but Ubisoft has been working hard to fix these patches. It's a shame they had such a rough start with their next gen launch because it kinda made me nervous for next years game (which has already leaked)
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Micky wrote:there are times when the games runs perfectly and it's amazing, but Ubisoft has been working hard to fix these patches. It's a shame they had such a rough start with their next gen launch because it kinda made me nervous for next years game (which has already leaked)
AC: V? Jeeze how many games is that now? AC is a milked franchise if there ever was one.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

I dont know if it's going to be called AC:V haha. It's called AC Victory. Thats going to be i think the 10th game in the franchise. Is a bit milked at this point.
Thanks Andy!

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Micky wrote:I dont know if it's going to be called AC:V haha. It's called AC Victory. Thats going to be i think the 10th game in the franchise. Is a bit milked at this point.
SPECIFICS MICKY SPECIFICS. WHATEVER. Well there's AC, AC 2, AC: B, AC: Rev, AC 3, AC: BF (all of which I've purchased and finished) Now there's AC: U, AC: V and AC:Rogue (This is not counting nintendo/hand-helds) So that's 9.

Micky
On The Rail

Post by Micky »

IM SORRY SHEA! I do think the franchise should go out soon. At least while the games are still somewhat good. Dont want them to overstay their welcome.
Thanks Andy!

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

It wouldn't be so bad if they actually had legit new content. AC to AC II was a huge overhaul deserving a new game. Introducing the "call Brotherhood" feature and tossing in smoke bombs and a tower defense game didn't warrant a new $60 title.

Most of the AC's that have been released since that point could have been DLCs in my mind. Of course Ubi wouldn't have made as much money so they never would have done that.

I was playing Far Cry 4 the other night and there was a mission that starts off with a guy flying you out to the mountains. You don't see it in a cutscene or anything but he lands on a small clearing and you're supposed to jump off of the plateau and parachute over to the mission area. Except, it's really ridiculous to believe that this guy landed inside this tiny 40 foot radius surrounded by rocks. I mean look at this!

and here's the view in the other direction with the cliff you're supposed to parachute off of

HOW THE HELL DID HE LAND THERE!? It's a prop plane, not a freaking Harrier jet.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Micky wrote:IM SORRY SHEA! I do think the franchise should go out soon. At least while the games are still somewhat good. Dont want them to overstay their welcome.
DON'T BE SORRY MICKY.
Fish Tacos wrote:It wouldn't be so bad if they actually had legit new content. AC to AC II was a huge overhaul deserving a new game. Introducing the "call Brotherhood" feature and tossing in smoke bombs and a tower defense game didn't warrant a new $60 title.

Most of the AC's that have been released since that point could have been DLCs in my mind. Of course Ubi wouldn't have made as much money so they never would have done that.

I was playing Far Cry 4 the other night and there was a mission that starts off with a guy flying you out to the mountains. You don't see it in a cutscene or anything but he lands on a small clearing and you're supposed to jump off of the plateau and parachute over to the mission area. Except, it's really ridiculous to believe that this guy landed inside this tiny 40 foot radius surrounded by rocks. I mean look at this!

and here's the view in the other direction with the cliff you're supposed to parachute off of

HOW THE HELL DID HE LAND THERE!? It's a prop plane, not a freaking Harrier jet.
:lol at the FC4 post....I actually don't really care about new content as much as I care about the story. I've always like AC's stories; and the whole extra activities/free roaming was just icing on the cake.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I wanted so much to love AC: Unity because I always wanted an AC game set during the French Revolution. I can't bring myself to buy it because of how sloppy and rushed the reviews say it is.

On the bright side, I'm loving Shadow of Mordor. It's only somewhat short if you only do main missions and blow off everything else. I've played a little over 10 hours and have only completed about a third of the main story. There's tons to do if you care to go looking around.

Nick
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Nick »

The huge holiday sales are starting to come in. Humble Bundle is doing a really good one with changing discounts every day. Today, I'm already getting System Shock 2, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs, Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien, and Dear Esther for about $20 total.
gbruin wrote:Everything Nick says is true. Even when he disagrees with me. Then it's extra true.

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Oh my gosh. It's over. It's finally over!

Was getting so tired of Far Cry 4. Really did not like that plot or location anywhere as much as 3's.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: 7.5/10!

Post by zazthespaz »

Fish Tacos wrote:Oh my gosh. It's over. It's finally over!

Was getting so tired of Far Cry 4. Really did not like that plot or location anywhere as much as 3's.
you can actually beat the game in 15 minutes :lol if you just sit at the dinner table when you're first taken to the palace and wait about 12 minutes, Pagan comes back and lets you place your mother's ashes in the same place :lol

I kind of grew bored of the location too after a while, wasn't too much variation in it. Story was good, but you might be right in that 3 was better. I do want to go back and play it again and choose Amita's options as I did Sabal's only. (& killed Amita - didn't know I could've chosen not to...) so wanna see how the story changes afterwards. Still a good game in my opinion though!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says