Diablo III

Talk about anything and everything here.
axlar
Site Admin

Diablo III

Post by axlar »

Any D3 players here?
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

Vaux
Hardcore TABN'er

Re: Diablo III

Post by Vaux »

I play. I have a level 45 Barbarian on Act IV of Nightmare. I really enjoyed the first play through. Now I am starting to lose interest in the game though.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

I dont have too much time to play.. i have a lvl 26 witch doctor which cant get past belial at the end of act 2 on normal :eek

so i decided to play a monk, which is lvl 21 now at normal halfway act 2.. still enjoying it.. might go Hardcore with my next puppet..

Havent had the opportunity to enjoy "team play" as im on the eu servers and mainly know ppl who play in the us.. lol
"Sing it, Stijn!"

hicks
Brand New Start

Post by hicks »

I play casually. I'm a level 12 Hunter right now.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

how does the hunter play?! i liked the gameplay of the doctor, though at the moment the monk is a lot easier.. though that might change in the future levels of course.. still wish i could get my doctor past belial.. lol
"Sing it, Stijn!"

hicks
Brand New Start

Post by hicks »

So far it seems rather easy. Just like in WoW, you stand far away and shoot with your bow. I'm a warrior in WoW, so it's a bit different than what I'm used to which is why I chose something different.

NytestrykerZ
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by NytestrykerZ »

I was a huge fan of Diablo and Diablo II. One of these days I'll get around to playing this.

hicks
Brand New Start

Post by hicks »

I did the annual pass for WoW and got it for free. One hell of a good deal.

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

I played D2 extensively on and off for years. Great game. Playing D3 at the moment, just got to Hell and I'm happy to say the magic hasn't been lost. I've got a 54 Demon Hunter which is pretty much a glass cannon but the DPS is great fun. Just pretty squishy. Not sure what I'm gonna do in Inferno cos I'm almost getting one shotted in hell. 7800+ dps though.

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

I'm currently a lvl 34 witch doctor on normal, in act iv. I got the game and played a ton the first couple of days then ran out of time. Played a bit this weekend. I also haven't played the multi-player aspect of the game. So far, I've just solo'ed through on my own.
-Steve
CreedFeed - Feeding Your Need For Creed!
QuakeOne - Quake 1 Resurrection!

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

defeated Belial the first time i face him with my monk.. went a lot easier than with the Witch Doctor!!
Monkey is now lvl27 :) and running around in Act3 (normal)

@Steve: i have problems with my WD to get past belial.. the green puddles always kill me.. lol..
I havent played any multi player either.. could connect to the US servers but that would mean starting all over again as your Heroes are server-bound!
"Sing it, Stijn!"

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

axlar wrote: @Steve: i have problems with my WD to get past belial.. the green puddles always kill me.. lol..
I havent played any multi player either.. could connect to the US servers but that would mean starting all over again as your Heroes are server-bound!
Keep moving :) I made sure I ran around constantly, let my dogs and follower do the steady attacking while I ran around. I didn't have that much of a problem with Belial. I think I died the first time I fought him but had no probs the second time.
-Steve

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

yeah might do that later.. am enjoying my monk right now.. enjoying the new act.. hopeing to find some better gear soon.. lol..
"Sing it, Stijn!"

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

I turned to the auction house for gear. I have gotten exactly one good drop so far in normal mode. Everything else that's dropped has been crap.
-Steve

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Fairly disappointed with the new patch. I spent an absolute bomb on gearing my Demon Hunter and his DPS has taken a significant hit thanks to the IAS nerf. They've overcooked it considerably imo, my rings which each offered 10% IAS now offer 4%! I have a lot of IAS gear as well so I'm especially gutted.

Also, the repair costs are outrageous now. I'm spending at least 2k every time I need to repair, which thanks to the patch is increasingly often. Now, don't get me wrong the DH has always been squishy, but it has brilliant DPS to compensate for it. Now I'm left with an average DPS class that folds like a deck of cards at the first sight of danger. Perhaps I can fix it with different gear but too much of my gold is being spent on repairs. I'm gonna have to go back to act 1 for a while and farm/level up until I can progress.

Started a Monk in the meantime just so I can go back to normal and smash the granny out of things again. Feels good.

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

Again, I'm still in normal mode and I'm currently lvl 35... 2k repair costs? The most I've ever spent on repairs is 200 I believe?? It gets that much more expensive as you level and move into the harder modes?
-Steve

DonHarry
King Slayer

Post by DonHarry »

Yeah man, I'm in Hell at the moment so it's only right that they're more expensive but the recent patch has increased the cost of repairs but I'm not seeing an increase in gold being dropped to compensate. In an hours gaming I'm collecting on average maybe 40-50k outside of major boss fights and spending around 8-10k on repairs. That's too much imo. I'm just dying a whole lot more that I was, most enemies I can kite but some of them teleport so I can't avoid them. Since DH is by rights a glass cannon I don't have the health to stay alive, especially against enemies that cast damage reflection and I certainly don't have the money for tanking gear.

I'm going to go back a few acts to compensate for my weakened state but I'm not particularly happy about it.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

I'm still in normal and drops seem quite reasonable compared to repair costs..

Monkey is lvl 28 now.. just defeated Gloth (or whatshisname,, the fat dude)

i still need better gear.. but i need 1 more lvl for the blacksmith to create a sweet Daibo which should be better than the two hand weapons i carry now :)

I've also come to the point that the blue items that are dropped are often better than the yellow's i was wearing from last act.. lol

I DO find a lot of useful things for my witch doctor.. mainly keeping the +INT weapons and gear.. will be helpful later on when i switch back!
"Sing it, Stijn!"

CreedFeed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by CreedFeed »

For my Witch Doc I stuck with gear that gave +vitality to increase my life and mostly let my follower and dogs/gargantuan do the fighting while I stood back and lobbed fireballs, poison darts, or poison gas at enemies.

I just beat Diablo on normal :) About to start nightmare.
-Steve

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

ah.. that quite a nice idea.. though INT makes your weapon damage higher on a witch doctor.. though the extra health of course is welcomed!
"Sing it, Stijn!"