The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Talk about anything and everything here.
AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Everyone stays here. My car carries 5.

Post by AB4Lyfe »

gbruin wrote:Basically, "We don't know when and we don't know who, but we're gonna throw a party!" That sounds just about perfect for here.
Sounds like the five words everybody says at one point in their life: WE SHOULD THROW A PARTY!

Colorado isn't TERRIBLY far from where I live so I could possibly make that if AB was playing a big set.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: The Official "Total Randomness" Thread

Post by Ryan »

I need to see a concert at Red Rocks before I die.

AB at Red Rocks would be even more amazing!
Photobucket cash grab.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Everyone stays here. My car carries 5.

Post by gbruin »

AB4Lyfe wrote:
gbruin wrote:Basically, "We don't know when and we don't know who, but we're gonna throw a party!" That sounds just about perfect for here.
Sounds like the five words everybody says at one point in their life: WE SHOULD THROW A PARTY!

Colorado isn't TERRIBLY far from where I live so I could possibly make that if AB was playing a big set.
Will you be in Arizona next summer? If so, it would be maybe an 8 hour drive from Tucson to Grand Junction up though the res and then through lovely Moab in Utah.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

8 hour drive? Hmm, may be able to convince my roommate to make the drive. I'll hopefully be in Arizona, depends on if I transfer to another school by then (not planning on it, but you never know). If I may ask though since I don't know anything about it, what's so special about Red Rocks?

EDIT: Wow..."breathtaking" barely begins to describe it.

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Re: Ask Jim what he thinks of Red Rocks.

Post by gbruin »

I was gonna post a picture, but I see you found it.

I've always imagined how epic the amphitheater would be for the main stage with some outside stages set up in some of the adjacent fields or open space they use for parking.

It's really a beautiful place. And besides the natural ampitheater where they hold the concerts, outdoor movies, and other events, it's a great place to go hiking or mountain biking or just sit and enjoy the outdoors. I did some technical rope rescue course scenarios on some of the surrounding rock structures there, too.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Red rocks looks friggin sweet
Thanks Timo!

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

Going to a Switchfoot concert tonight. And I'm going by myself. Never been to a show by myself, so I'm even more excited. Plus I love Switchfoot, so tonight's going to be awesome. Will post pictures when I get home.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Re: Ask Jim what he thinks of Red Rocks.

Post by AB4Lyfe »

gbruin wrote:I was gonna post a picture, but I see you found it.

I've always imagined how epic the amphitheater would be for the main stage with some outside stages set up in some of the adjacent fields or open space they use for parking.

It's really a beautiful place. And besides the natural ampitheater where they hold the concerts, outdoor movies, and other events, it's a great place to go hiking or mountain biking or just sit and enjoy the outdoors. I did some technical rope rescue course scenarios on some of the surrounding rock structures there, too.
Sounds like a great place to spend the weekend! The journey to finding a beautiful, outdoorsy girl who'll drive me 8 hours to see my favorite band (because she loves them too) begins!
ALTERSTEVE wrote:Going to a Switchfoot concert tonight. And I'm going by myself. Never been to a show by myself, so I'm even more excited. Plus I love Switchfoot, so tonight's going to be awesome. Will post pictures when I get home.
I don't know much about Switchfoot, but do you think they'll play Meant to Live?

ALTERSTEVE
Isolated

Post by ALTERSTEVE »

I'm sure they will. That's one of their most popular songs.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Decided to bite the bullet and coach my son's 9-10 year old little league team, and give back what little baseball knowledge I have accumulated over the years. We live in a small town of 2,000 people and only 11 boys came out for the age group. It's kind of sad. At that age we had 3 or 4 teams when I played. Of course, that was twenty plus years ago too.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Well, I think I've entered a new dark age. The Kings are losing 3-0 in the series against the Sharks, I don't know if I'm going to get accepted to Cal Poly Pomona (due to possible bridge burnings), I don't know if I'm ever going to have a meaningful conversation with a certain someone again, and I don't know when AB will announce that they will play a headlining show in LA.

Awww, f***. I need some light here.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

hi kev

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Why am I awake?!

Post by zazthespaz »

For you kev!

[youtube]http://youtu.be/jHPOzQzk9Qo[/youtube]
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says

Lotha
Colloquial

Re: Attention, everyone...

Post by Lotha »

gbruin wrote:
Lotha wrote:
agny wrote:
AB4Lyfe wrote:Started meditating recently, really good benefits have come of it.
Lotha wrote:Was studying, fell asleep... :facepalm
Love these two next to each other ;)
:lol
Meditating rocks... but it does make you sleepy... especially in combination with yoga :D

And, not surprisingly, I pretty much botched the midterm this morning. If I get 5 out of 15 points I'm gonna celebrate. Tomorrow I'm botching another one, cya all then
Good luck, Lotha! I know you can botch it perfectly! (j/k - you'll do great!)
Oh I botched it with style, didn't even show up... I'll have another chance though, so no biggie.
Still have a lot to do...
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

I hate it when I repeatedly get a phone call from some number I don't recognize just because I never answer their calls. This number called me like 10+ times yesterday and when I type in the number on the internet it says its someone from New Westminster, BC. I know no one in NW. Time to block a number.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Call him/her back and say you hired an assasin..

On second thought, don't do that..
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:Call him/her back and say you hired an assasin..

On second thought, don't do that..
:lol What if they are people trying to harm me? :shifty :smashcomp I'm sure it's just an innocent person given the wrong number and is confused as to why they aren't getting an answer every time they call, but I still don't like answering numbers I don't recognize.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Try to make your voice sound really deep so they think you're a muscular, manly man. They'll be too impressed to try and hurt you.

Answer the phone and speak some kind of weird, made up language. If they start talking gibberish back, hang up.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

SHEAKENBAKEN
BACON

Post by SHEAKENBAKEN »

Timotheus wrote:Just answer the phone and speak some kind of weird, made up language. If they start talking gibberish back, hang up.
:lol Sure. I can't answer my phone for part of the day today because i'll be working so i'll see how many times this stupid number calls me again.

:lol at the edit you made. That first part wasn't there when I quoted you.