Australia/New Zealand

Acquaint yourself with other AB fans from your area.
Merinda
Sig Queen

Australia/New Zealand

Post by Merinda »

I'm Australian and living in New Zealand. We're basically the same cept for the accent and Vegemite versus Marmite so lets all get along and enjoy the forum.

I do like the All Blacks.

Gaskin
Brand New Start

Re: Australia/New Zealand

Post by Gaskin »

Australia FTW! I can't believe i just typed FTW.

Vegemite is better than Marmite and anyone who says any different can get out.

Veno
Brand New Start

Post by Veno »

Kiwi reporting in. Can't believe we have to share a thread :lol

Anyone going to the Slash/Myles concerts?

Gaskin
Brand New Start

Post by Gaskin »

Yep. August 29 I think mine is. I'm going more for Myles than Slash although that's not to say I don't like Slash. Apocalyptic Love is a boss album.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Gaskin wrote:Vegemite is better than Marmite and anyone who says any different can get out.
hahah.. agreed. Bovril is very nice tho!!

Veno wrote:Kiwi reporting in. Can't believe we have to share a thread :lol
Oh, stop it! We can get along. <3 Everyone here loves me despite the fact that I'm Aussie. No longer get crap for my accent... not as much anyways.

Sad to say I'm not gonna make it to the Slash/Myles concerts. Spent a packet flying over to see AB in Sydney in Feb so had to miss out this time. Pretty bummed ae!!

Gaskin
Brand New Start

Post by Gaskin »

Merinda wrote: Sad to say I'm not gonna make it to the Slash/Myles concerts. Spent a packet flying over to see AB in Sydney in Feb so had to miss out this time. Pretty bummed ae!!
You wouldn't have spent as much as me. Flew over to both Sydney and Melbourne from Perth and also went to Soundwave which was an extra $150 on top. Close to $1000 I think I spent but it was worth every cent.

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

Daaaammnn. Good shiznit.

Wonder if I saw you at Sydney sidewave? Managed to get into soundcheck. Greatest thing ever. And I got to hug three outta four AB boys. I was shaking so bad. Myles took the piss. :cloud9

SugarShane
Brand New Start

Post by SugarShane »

South Aussie here, checking back in after the forum change. Rock on.

Gaskin
Brand New Start

Post by Gaskin »

Merinda wrote:Daaaammnn. Good shiznit.

Wonder if I saw you at Sydney sidewave? Managed to get into soundcheck. Greatest thing ever. And I got to hug three outta four AB boys. I was shaking so bad. Myles took the piss. :cloud9
You might have. I was in front of Mark a couple of rows back. I had a Metallica shirt on.

How did you manage to get into soundcheck you lucky so and so?

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

SugarShane wrote:South Aussie here, checking back in after the forum change. Rock on.
:wave
Gaskin wrote:

You might have. I was in front of Mark a couple of rows back. I had a Metallica shirt on.

Ha. Boyfriend, Alasdair on here, manages Mark's facebook and Myles' as well at one point and got in touch with Myles over Twitter, MK said he'd sort it, we met them behind the Enmore, Alasdair told Myles who he was and boom, we're in. Was pretty bloody awesome.

Managed to get a few vids.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/j9lhAqU0n3o[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/H5MTTOT2dtA[/youtube]

Got to say hi to the boys from Steel Panther too. Satchel is god.

Gaskin
Brand New Start

Post by Gaskin »

Satchel is Boss. I'm not really a Panther fan as the cheezy metal doesn't do it for me. They are brilliant musicians though and Satchel's solo he did was awesome.

Those vids are boss. What I would give to meet the guys and watch the soundcheck.

I got a couple of vids as well. I got most of the guitar duel, the end of Isolation (IIRC the sound isn't the best) and Blackbird which is ruined by my horrific singing. I took a heap of photos as well but only a couple turned out as my phone didn't like the lighting. This was the best one I got but I can't remember if it was from Sydney or Melbourne.

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

Kiwi here. Haha ditto to the man who expressed displeasure at having to share a thread with Aussies :lol .

Just kidding. I actually like Australians. Although I never express that thought in public for fear of being castrated.

Veno
Brand New Start

Post by Veno »

Just wondering, where are you guys going to purchase the Tremonti album from? Is there any sort of retail release for this album in au/nz?

I'm thinking of getting it from amazon.co.uk since the postage is relatively cheap and delivery times aint that bad.

phatnonphatness
Loyal Follower

Post by phatnonphatness »

I'm either gonna use amazon.co.uk or, more likely, buy the digital version.

Tails
Brand New Start

Post by Tails »

Merinda wrote:
SugarShane wrote:South Aussie here, checking back in after the forum change. Rock on.
:wave
Gaskin wrote:

Ha. Boyfriend, Alasdair on here, manages Mark's facebook and Myles' as well at one point and got in touch with Myles over Twitter, MK said he'd sort it, we met them behind the Enmore, Alasdair told Myles who he was and boom, we're in. Was pretty bloody awesome.

Managed to get a few vids.
[youtube]http://youtu.be/j9lhAqU0n3o[/youtube]
[youtube]http://youtu.be/H5MTTOT2dtA[/youtube]

Got to say hi to the boys from Steel Panther too. Satchel is god.

Thats unreal!! woulda been awesome with few people in the building!!
Did the melb soundwave and the palace show, which was unbelievable!! Steel Panther gained another fan that night, funny as and can play!!
Hitting up the slash show in a couple of weeks, will be there early, trying to get down front, anyone know how to get meet n greets for these aus shows??

Lukeage
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Lukeage »

Well I'm in Brisvegas (sorry, Brisbane)... in sunny Queensland.

And I went to the Riverstage Slash/Myles gig last year. It was pretty intense!! And this is my first post on these forums. I used to exist under a different username many many moons ago but I re-joined just now yay!

Stuzz
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Stuzz »

I'm going to join in here! New Zealander here, born in aussie though :D good to see support down under!

Veno
Brand New Start

Post by Veno »

Been freaking out lately, can't find my 2008 blackbird tour shirt anywhere arggghhhh....

Merinda
Sig Queen

Post by Merinda »

^ Dude.. hope you've found it.
Stuzz wrote:I'm going to join in here! New Zealander here, born in aussie though :D good to see support down under!
Howzit! :)

jodialterbridge
Brand New Start

Post by jodialterbridge »

Back on board finally!! It's been a while , how are all my Commonwealth commrades??