Tremonti - Chameleon Club - Lancaster, PA - 2012-09-21

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
abw1987
Blood Machines

Tremonti - Chameleon Club - Lancaster, PA - 2012-09-21

Post by abw1987 »

Just got home from the Tremonti show in Lancaster.

I arrived at the venue around 3:00. I was supposed to get in to do a video tour of Mark's rig for my website, but that never happened. That was a bit disappointing since I had cut a work presentation short and driven way too fast to get to the venue on time. Got to catch up with Matt in line, and met his son.

I was 3rd in line, but lost my place when the doors unexpectedly opened and I had to run back to my car to drop off my backpack. This didn't bother me since my girlfriend and other friends hadn't yet arrived, and it's not like I was going to hang out on the rail while they were in the back of the venue.

The venue was small with a very tight stage, but actually had 2 levels of balcony above the main floor. After my buddies and girlfriend arrived, we headed inside and, despite being at the end of the line, landed a spot maybe three or four rows back from the stage. The place didn't come close to filling up.

The first opener - Ten Throne - were very tight and could all play their instruments very well. The second opener - Man The Mighty - also did a good set with some impressive guitar work.

Tremonti's set was awesome! The guys are sounding really tight as a band, and definitely have some good stage chemistry going. Mark showed a remarkable improvement in stage presence since I saw them in Orlando. It's actually uncanny. It's still a work in progress, but most of the awkwardness and uncertainty is gone. He even took the mic off of the stand at one point during "Decay" (!), and the band did a little breakdown where Mark would sing "faded like Decay", and the crowd would sing it back. A couple other times he started clapping his hands over his head to get the crowd clapping to the music. He really seems to be paying more attention to the frontman duties of working the crowd, etc. It actually seems kind of natural now.

Of course the other guys were great as well. Garrett was as hard-hitting as ever, and nailed every song. Unlike Orlando, I didn't notice any awkward "wait for my click track to start" moments. ERock covered guitar and vocal harmonies very well, and even did a bluesy improv solo during "The Things I've Seen" (I think it was). Wolfgang has apparently mastered all the songs to the point where he is comfortable enough to spice things up with some improvised bass lines as well.

Overall the guys put on a very solid show. The band appear to be much more well oiled than in Orlando, and seem like true professionals. However despite the great performance and getting to see my idol play six feet from my face, I couldn't help but leave just a little bit depressed. All I Was is one of the best albums I've ever heard, and the venue was maybe half full. There were a few diehards in the crowd that were really into the music, but most people seemed to just stand there the majority of the time. I don't know, maybe it's too early in Mark's solo career to have higher expectations. I just wish more people were aware, and not just aware but passionate about great rock music. If I could, I'd totally go to one of the UK shows to experience Tremonti with a more appreciative crowd.

Anyway, if Tremonti is coming to your area, you should definitely try to make it. It's a must-see show.

justinsweitzah
Brand New Start

Re: Tremonti - Chameleon Club - Lancaster, PA - 2012-09-21

Post by justinsweitzah »

I went to this show as well. It was fantastic. Ten Throne and Man the Mighty were great openers, and Mark and the boys simply were amazing. It was also cool hanging around with the guys in the opening groups while waiting to meet Mark and the gang. It was so great how they met with everyone for the small price of a t shirt. They care about their fans so much and were so nice when I was meeting them, and had no problem signing things and taking pics with you. Great show and a great night.

Mel-C
Bought The CDs

Post by Mel-C »

So jealous!! Sounds like Mark is really getting comfortable as front man..awesome! Can't wait to see them! Hope they come to my area soon..
Mel-C =)

Mel-C
Bought The CDs

Post by Mel-C »

Btw..how did u hear of this show? Went to Tremonti's website and it hasn't been updated on tours since May!! =(
Mel-C =)

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Mel-C wrote:Btw..how did u hear of this show? Went to Tremonti's website and it hasn't been updated on tours since May!! =(
You're not missing anything; this show was September last year!