11-07-22 - Międzynarodowe Centrum Kongresowe, Katowice, Poland

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
maximzub
On The Rail

11-07-22 - Międzynarodowe Centrum Kongresowe, Katowice, Poland

Post by maximzub »

Stay is gonna happen tonight. I'm telling you.

I think they'll keep Before Tomorrow Comes and Broken Wings. Put Native Son in there. Hopefully Pawns & Kings will be back as it was dropped at the last show. Lost hope for Watch Over You. No idea what other encore song they could do instead of Slip To The Void.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Dolo
Burn It Down

Re: 11-07-22 - Międzynarodowe Centrum Kongresowe, Katowice, Poland

Post by Dolo »

Hope my countrymen will have fun on this one. Normally I would be there if the tickets weren't 55 euro, the journey wasn't 6 hours by train in one direction and I didn't have to be at work today and tomorrow lol.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Yes! They dropped Sin After Sin! And they replaced it with Lover. Not surprised, considering they played it acoustic recently. Now when are we getting Burn It Down?

Also, Pawns & Kings is back. We'll see what acoustic song they play this time around.

EDIT: They played In Loving Memory again. I really don't know what they have against Watch Over You.

EDIT 2: My prediction was 14/17.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Lover over Sin After Sin is SUCH A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT. I hope they do something similar in Berlin, I really, really don't need to see Sin After Sin live. Also glad they re-introduced Pawns & Kings.

Thierry
Bought The CDs

Post by Thierry »

Setlist:

Silver Tongue
Addicted to Pain
Before Tomorrow Comes
This Is War
Broken Wings
Isolation
Wouldn't You Rather
Lover (tour debut, first time since 2017)
Waters Rising
Pawns & Kings
Metalingus
In Loving Memory
Blackbird
Rise Today
Cry of Achilles

Encore:
Slip to the Void
Open Your Eyes

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Blackbird wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 7:54 pm Lover over Sin After Sin is SUCH A MASSIVE IMPROVEMENT. I hope they do something similar in Berlin, I really, really don't need to see Sin After Sin live. Also glad they re-introduced Pawns & Kings.

How in the world it's an improvement, removing a new song from the set?
Lover or other rarity is more than welcome but change it for any other over-played song.

They should play more and more the new stuff...
And where are the other 7 songs from the (interrupted) Walk the Sky tour that they didn't play?

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

Silvercreed wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:09 am
And where are the other 7 songs from the (interrupted) Walk the Sky tour that they didn't play?
I highly doubt they were ever gonna do all the songs from WtS as they never do that. That tour had them play 8 tracks (9 if you include One Life) off of that album and that's pretty good actually.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Silvercreed wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:09 am.
They played Native Son in Partille. So there's now only 6 left.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Silvercreed wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:09 am How in the world it's an improvement, removing a new song from the set?
Lover or other rarity is more than welcome but change it for any other over-played song.

In a world where I think that Sin After Sin is a horrible live song (and a very mediocre track in general) and should get thrown out of the set. I'd be happy if they replaced it with another P&K song of course, but I'd take Lover over SAS without any hesitation anyway.

They should definitely get rid of Broken Wings and Before Tomorrow Comes in favour of some new stuff though.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

Think it’s crazy that they pretty much play the same songs every single time and have been for years. Play some different songs, sheesh.

thatfunkodad
Brand New Start

Post by thatfunkodad »

joshuabeau wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:06 pm Think it’s crazy that they pretty much play the same songs every single time and have been for years. Play some different songs, sheesh.
This is what most bigger bands do. They'll play selections from the new record, the fan faves, and maybe a few surprises if you're lucky. You want to make sure not to alienate casual fans or people who may be experiencing the band for the first time.

Mark read a list of 12 songs they "have to play" on Eddie Trunk the week after the album dropped (even though at least 3 of those songs have been skipped on this tour on different stops so far), and most of them weren't new songs.

With that said, I definitely share the desire for some additional variety in the set. We're 5 shows in right now, so I'd expect they might start playing with things a bit more. But at this point, I'm just happy for the chance to be able to see them play shows.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

joshuabeau wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 12:06 pm Think it’s crazy that they pretty much play the same songs every single time and have been for years. Play some different songs, sheesh.
It is a bit odd. I was looking online at set lists and stumbled upon Pearl Jam’s most recent shows. Now not every band can be Pearl Jam, of course, but the variety in their shows is striking. Here’s the first ten songs they played in their three most recent shows.

Sept 18th 2022
Of the Girl, Footsteps, Sleeping By Myself, Retrograde, Last Exit, Life Wasted, Dissident, Who Ever Said, I Am Mine, Corduroy

Sept 20th 2022
Garden, Alright, Sleight of Hand, Hard to Imagine, Hail Hail, Given to Fly, Superblood Wolfmoon, Even Flow, Dance of the Clairvoyants, Daughter

Sept 22nd 2022
Long Road, Elderly Woman, Thin Air, Just Breathe, Present Tense, Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy, Spin The Black Circle, Throw Your Hatred Down, Given to Fly

Silvercreed
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Silvercreed »

Blackbird wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:20 am In a world where I think that Sin After Sin is a horrible live song (and a very mediocre track in general) and should get thrown out of the set. I'd be happy if they replaced it with another P&K song of course, but I'd take Lover over SAS without any hesitation anyway.

They should definitely get rid of Broken Wings and Before Tomorrow Comes in favour of some new stuff though.
I get what you're saying. I, actually prefer Lover over Sin After Sin by far.
But man, they're only playing 4 of the new album and they drop one of the new ones. It's really disappointing.
Sorry this is like a fight of my own, it really upsets me to see bands no longer care about their new albums.
And we see in interviews saying that they're really proud of what they do and barely play the songs.
Dolo wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 9:25 am I highly doubt they were ever gonna do all the songs from WtS as they never do that. That tour had them play 8 tracks (9 if you include One Life) off of that album and that's pretty good actually.
I know they won't play the remaining 5 WTS songs that have never been played live yet.
But 8 songs out of 13 in a concert (never happened) is pretty good but 8 in a tour is pretty poor (ok, the tour wasn't complete, so it doesn't count).

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

Dan Dando wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:06 pm
It is a bit odd. I was looking online at set lists and stumbled upon Pearl Jam’s most recent shows. Now not every band can be Pearl Jam, of course, but the variety in their shows is striking. Here’s the first ten songs they played in their three most recent shows.

Sept 18th 2022
Of the Girl, Footsteps, Sleeping By Myself, Retrograde, Last Exit, Life Wasted, Dissident, Who Ever Said, I Am Mine, Corduroy

Sept 20th 2022
Garden, Alright, Sleight of Hand, Hard to Imagine, Hail Hail, Given to Fly, Superblood Wolfmoon, Even Flow, Dance of the Clairvoyants, Daughter

Sept 22nd 2022
Long Road, Elderly Woman, Thin Air, Just Breathe, Present Tense, Interstellar Overdrive, Corduroy, Spin The Black Circle, Throw Your Hatred Down, Given to Fly
It amazes me how Pearl Jam is able to do this kind of thing and Alter Bridge is not. I'm sure they know enough of their own songs to switch it up more than they are right now.

Just an aside, how much money are we betting that they will play Burn It Down tomorrow?
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Silvercreed wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:13 pm I get what you're saying. I, actually prefer Lover over Sin After Sin by far.
But man, they're only playing 4 of the new album and they drop one of the new ones. It's really disappointing.
Sorry this is like a fight of my own, it really upsets me to see bands no longer care about their new albums.
And we see in interviews saying that they're really proud of what they do and barely play the songs.
I'm totally with you. My comment regarding Lover/Sin After Sin was purely a plea to stop playing that specific song - but apart from that, I'm just as disappointed that they're not playing more stuff from the new album. I can only guess that they haven't had enough time to rehearse some of the songs yet, and that they feel pressured to play a lot of their old classics because that's what casual fans buy tickets for (as was already explained by thatfunkodad). As a hardcore fan who's already watched them live plenty of times, I definitely would love to hear more from P&K, definitely over all that stuff from One Day Remains and Blackbird (except for Blackbird, ILM and Watch Over You).

But I guess hardcore fans will keep coming to their shows anyway, and casual fans might NOT buy another ticket if they expect to hear the likes of Metalingus, Rise Today and Before Tomorrow Comes and are disappointed...

We're still a lot more lucky with Alter Bridge than, say, Sevendust, which is probably my 2nd favourite band. Their setlists suck so hard. I believe they've played maybe two songs from their newest record, and it wasn't much better with the one before. I believe they've just given up at this point because they know that the people coming to their shows expect them to play the stuff that they've released 20 years ago.

Schulzy
White Knuckled

Post by Schulzy »

Blackbird wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:59 pm
Silvercreed wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:13 pm We're still a lot more lucky with Alter Bridge than, say, Sevendust, which is probably my 2nd favourite band. Their setlists suck so hard. I believe they've played maybe two songs from their newest record, and it wasn't much better with the one before. I believe they've just given up at this point because they know that the people coming to their shows expect them to play the stuff that they've released 20 years ago.
You make a strong point. I think AB do a great job trying to mix in new songs from their albums but the more time passes, the more fans want to hear the back catalog - especially when it features what many feel are their best songs. When I saw them very early on the WTS tour I was not disappointed that they only played Wouldn't You Rather, Take The Crown, and Pay No Mind. The album was new and I expected they would introduce more songs as time went by. When we do the favorite songs polls from new albums here I ask if the band ever pays attention to that. Even though it's a small sampling I think it represents what the majority like and would want to hear in the live setting. Some songs work well and others fall flat.
It's a gamble.

When I saw Sevendust with Tremonti last year they only played Blood & Stone and Dying to Live. Everything else was older with a ton from Home, Seasons, and Animosity which are my favorite albums from them. And I was happy with that because I realized they have such a large catalog it would be impossible to please everybody. There's a reason most live bands "play the hits" because they appeal to the large percentage of their fan base. I'm grateful that AB at least try more than 2-3 songs and would love to hear Last Man Standing and Fable of The Silent Son when I see them in February. I don't know that I will ever hear Clear Horizon, Island of Fools, or Farther Than The Sun but hey, that's why YouTube exists!
_^:Tangled in your trance and I'm certain:^_

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

I was lucky to be in attendance when they debuted Island of Fools. LOVED IT!

Crumbso
On The Rail

Post by Crumbso »

maximzub wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:30 pm
Dan Dando wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:06 pm

Sept 18th 2022

Sept 20th 2022

Sept 22nd 2022
It amazes me how Pearl Jam is able to do this kind of thing and Alter Bridge is not. I'm sure they know enough of their own songs to switch it up more than they are right now.

Just an aside, how much money are we betting that they will play Burn It Down tomorrow?
Pearl Jam are a special case though. They're famous for their unpredictable set lists. But, let's not forget that musically, their songs are not even close to as complex as AB's. They are also a rarity in their set list variety. Most bands end up having a very 'hit heavy' list as they go on.

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Mark’s vocals sound great during the bridge.