11-04-22 - Partille Arena, Partille, Sweden

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
maximzub
On The Rail

11-04-22 - Partille Arena, Partille, Sweden

Post by maximzub »

After the last show, I kinda lost faith that they'll be switching up much for this show. I'm gonna guess they'll switch back to Ghost Of Days Gone By instead of Broken Wings, play Watch Over You instead of In Loving Memory, and possibly live debut Stay, which would take the place of Waters Rising.
I'm in love with somebody...
Found someone who completes me...
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

MaraCarr wrote: It is not like a crush or a lust thing.
Check out my coolest TABN posts!
My Long Alter Bridge Facts Post
Order Of Me Hearing Alter Bridge Songs
Order Of Me Hearing Tremonti Songs

Thierry
Bought The CDs

Re: 11-04-22 - Partille Arena, Partille, Sweden

Post by Thierry »

Silver Tongue
Addicted to Pain
The Other Side
This Is War
Broken Wings
Native Son (Tour Debut)
Isolation
Waters Rising
Sin After Sin
Metalingus
Pawns & Kings
In Loving Memory (Acoustic)
Blackbird
Rise Today
Cry of Achilles

Encore:
Slip to the Void
Open Your Eyes

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

The sets keep getting worse. Native Son is one of their worst tracks to me, no Watch Over You again, no new song from P&K.

Thierry
Bought The CDs

Post by Thierry »

Blackbird wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:03 am The sets keep getting worse. Native Son is one of their worst tracks to me, no Watch Over You again, no new song from P&K.
I agree although I hate GODGB as well. More new stuff and ODR stuff would be appreciated.

Happy to see that Wouldn’t You Rather was dropped too.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

I find it grating that Mark literally listed off the 12 songs they have to play every night, and second show in, one of the said songs is dropped. And then it doesn't return for the third show.

Actually, if the song that was dropped was The Other Side or Sin After Sin, I wouldn't have a problem. But Watch Over You? I cannot stress enough how disappointed I'll be if they don't play it in Chicago.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!

chtimixeur
On The Rail

Post by chtimixeur »

This is not a good setlist, considering how many good songs they have.
The Other Side, Native Son, Waters Rising, Sin After Sin need to go away ASAP.

Just because a wrestler is using The Other Side as a theme song overseas doesn't mean you have to play it for a European crowd, especially since it's the kind of song that doesn't work at all live.

People complained about too much Blackbird stuff being played years ago, but some of these songs (meaning Come to Life, Ties That Bind or even Before Tomorrow Comes) need to come back IMHO.

I also think opening the shows with Silver Tongue is a mistake, when you have a new song like This is War in the set.
They should still play it in the middle of the show, and extend the bridge just like they did with White Knuckles back in the day. Myles could really play with the crowd while Mark repeats the riff again and again.
It's just a suggestion, of course.

Dolo
Burn It Down

Post by Dolo »

chtimixeur wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:29 pm Just because a wrestler is using The Other Side as a theme song overseas doesn't mean you have to play it for a European crowd, especially since it's the kind of song that doesn't work at all live.

People complained about too much Blackbird stuff being played years ago, but some of these songs (meaning Come to Life, Ties That Bind or even Before Tomorrow Comes) need to come back IMHO.
Exactly. You don't have to be doing anything at all tbh - just do whatever feels right, but yeah, they are very often like 'are fans expect us to... blablabla'

It's also funny that Sin After Sin doesn't seem to fly live but they won't drop it like they did with Show Me a Sign during ABIII tour.

In terms of Blackbird, I feel like Coming Home would sound awesome - a very underrated track.
Check out my solo project Slight Isolationism:

Facebook
YouTube
Spotify
Bandcamp

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

I don't really see what's funny about that. They gave up on Show Me a Sign too early, and I think Sin After Sin sounds pretty good, aside from Myles's lack of energy, but that's apparent on every song.

The Other Side is also a great live song. One of the better TLH live songs.

They used to play 80% of the same setlist for almost a decade. It was time for some BB songs to go. Which doesn't mean they can't rotate some of them of course.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

GUYS! I'm getting a little tired of changing the narratives. Myles takes an extensive break from touring/recording, comes back to AB live, "He doesn't sound as energetic as he used to." Blackbird songs are finally being put more on the rarely played side aside from the title track and Rise Today, "I want them to bring those songs back. They sounded great."

Also, I think people needed to remember that there was a 9 year period where they didn't play In Loving Memory and used only Watch Over You as the solo acoustic ballad spot in that time, so there now come a time where they are going to switch it and I'm for it.

On another note, I actually like The Other Side live and it's one of the songs I have yet to see them play live so neat. I thought that was one of the few songs I enjoyed hearing on their Live O2 Arena album and it sounded even better with the orchestra backing them at the Royal Albert Hall DVD, so that's a sensible addition.

maximzub
On The Rail

Post by maximzub »

anguyen92 wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 2:43 pm Also, I think people needed to remember that there was a 9 year period where they didn't play In Loving Memory and used only Watch Over You as the solo acoustic ballad spot in that time, so there now come a time where they are going to switch it and I'm for it.
I'm just personally worried that I missed my chance to see Watch Over You live simply because I didn't get into Alter Bridge until recently. On the Walk The Sky tour, they were alternating In Loving Memory and Watch Over You, so the chances of seeing one at a given show are 50/50. They just played In Loving Memory three shows in a row, with Watch Over You not being played at the last two. That means the
chance that they will play Watch Over You at any given show is now even less than 50/50. Also, Mark promised us that a certain 12 songs will be played at every show. I don't think anybody expected them to strictly keep their promise, but seeing that the first one to go is one of their biggest hits, and not one of the more recent songs, makes me sad.

I don't think they should completely drop any of the songs they're playing right now. Just play more songs over the course of a tour and vary the setlist more each night. Playing the same 12 songs every night in a 17-song setlist already seemed a little overkill to me when Mark first said it, and it seems like it's actually going to be 13 because Slip To The Void and Open Your Eyes seem to be two songs that he didn't name that will be played every night as well, and because Watch Over You is obviously not being played every night. Realistically, I'd knock the 13 down to 9: Open Your Eyes, Metalingus, Rise Today, Blackbird, Isolation, Cry Of Achilles, Addicted To Pain, This Is War, and Silver Tongue. (This is not subjective, because if it were up to me, I would rather they play Watch Over You and Pawns & Kings every night as well.) Then leave the other 8 spots to songs that check the boxes of what kind of songs they want to play every night. A song that Mark sings -- they have 3 options for that. A single from Walk The Sky -- 5 options. Two new songs from Pawns & Kings that weren't radio singles -- 7 options (not including Stay, and realistically they'll probably play 5 of these over the course of the tour). An acoustic song -- at least 2 options. Leave the other three spots for the more frequently played deep cuts (Broken Wings, White Knuckles, Slip To The Void, Ghost Of Days Gone By, and The Other Side, just to name a few) and every once in a while, drop a surprise for the crowd.

The majority of concertgoers for any given band are first-timers that come to hear the (on average) 5 biggest hits of said band and couldn't care less about the new and lesser-known songs they play. Most of the rest are diehards that have been to several shows and would like to hear a variety of different songs across all the shows they've been to. In order to cater to both kinds of fans (as well as those in between like me that would like to hear both the biggest hits and some songs that aren't played all the time), I think what I said above should be the way Alter Bridge crafts their setlists.
Oh yeah...
And it's Lzzy Hale!