10/14/19 St Louis

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

10/14/19 St Louis

Post by One Drew Remains »

Just covering the AB portion of the show...

At the Pageant, they have an early entry for anyone in the adjoining bar, so we were like seventh in after the VIP's. Ended up second row, behind the rail.

One Life is a fantastic walk on for the guys. The new laser and light setup they have really shines here. That lead into Wouldn't You Rather, which feels like vintage AB when your in the heat of it.

No real surprises or deviations from the set. They rotate In The Deep and Take the Crown, and we got the former.

Funny spot just before CoA, Myles goes into a country style boogie thing (which I hadn't seen him do since the ABIII tour). We cheer loudly (cause hey, it's the Midwest) and he says "we shouldn't encourage him to to stuff like that. Then he does a bar of the intro to Cry, and says "are you sure, I could always go back to this..." And goes back to the boogie thing, which made us cheer even louder. It was a funny moment.

This was my eighth show (I've been up front for all but two) and you wonder if they start to notice the regulars. Well, they do. At the end of the show, Myles reciprocated my thumbs up, and said "thank you brother." That made the whole show.

Next Midwest stop, I should finally get to do that Tremonti clinic.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: 10/14/19 St Louis

Post by abw1987 »

Thanks for sharing! I love hearing about those goofy Myles moments. I'll be the first to admit he's not the most entertaining frontman, but it's those little moments when Myles is really feeling like himself that can make an AB show memorable.