Not ONE Myles Kennedy concert review?

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
jailman
Bought The CDs

Not ONE Myles Kennedy concert review?

Post by jailman »

what the hell kind of a message board is this anyhow?

start talkin'!

AB23
Still Remains

Re: Not ONE Myles Kennedy concert review?

Post by AB23 »

was ight

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

jailman wrote:what the hell kind of a message board is this anyhow?

start talkin'!
Oh forgive me for posting my concert review in the tour thread than in this section. I didn't think people would actually be interested in it.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

anguyen92 wrote:
jailman wrote:what the hell kind of a message board is this anyhow?

start talkin'!
Oh forgive me for posting my concert review in the tour thread than in this section. I didn't think people would actually be interested in it.
this is the concert section, so this is where you should post it

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

I can post my concert review in threads I deem fit. Technically, this is the concert section in Alter Bridge section, so I presume it only meant AB concerts only. I didn't know we can post concert reviews of projects from an AB member. Like I said, I didn't think anyone would be interested in reading it here, so I decided post it in the tour thread. So let's not get all "you should do this and that," because that's not the way I roll for the most part.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

anguyen92 wrote:I can post my concert review in threads I deem fit. Technically, this is the concert section in Alter Bridge section, so I presume it only meant AB concerts only. I didn't know we can post concert reviews of projects from an AB member. Like I said, I didn't think anyone would be interested in reading it here, so I decided post it in the tour thread. So let's not get all "you should do this and that," because that's not the way I roll for the most part.

if you post it here, people will come.

dont worry where u think people will be interested.

I want this board rollin'.

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Fight the power, Kev.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

riemslag1
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by riemslag1 »

So who the fuck is this fucking jailman fucking around here and fucking getting on peoples fucking nerves ?

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

riemslag1 wrote:So who the fuck is this fucking jailman fucking around here and fucking getting on peoples fucking nerves ?
:yeahthat where’s your fucking review?
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

Lotha
Colloquial

Post by Lotha »

That escalated quickly.
Photobucket is responsible for my lack of signature today.

TABN Discord: https://discord.gg/sGXRGZ

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

a couple shows in, and STILL no reviews. Maybe his solo album sucks and people dont wanna hear it. I don't know.

jailman
Bought The CDs

Post by jailman »

AHart96 wrote:
riemslag1 wrote:So who the fuck is this fucking jailman fucking around here and fucking getting on peoples fucking nerves ?
:yeahthat where’s your fucking review?

I didn't go. Tough last minute decision. But if I did, I woulda posted a review.

The Dissident
White Knuckled

Post by The Dissident »

Seeing as people want a review I'll write one.

Show: Seattle

Setlist:
Devil On The Wall
The Great Beyond
Ghost of Shangri La
All Ends Well [Solo Acoustic]
Addicted to Pain [Solo Acoustic]
Blind Faith
Haunted By Design
Eden [Myles + Zia Acoustic]
Don't Walk Away [Myles + Zia Acoustic] (Audience request)
White Flag [Myles + Zia Acoustic]
The Trooper
One Fine Day
Watch Over You [Solo Acoustic]
World On Fire [Solo Acoustic]
Turning Stones
Nothing But A Name
Year of the Tiger
---
Love Can Only Heal
Going Down

Review
I have missed Myles on every tour he has gone on since I discovered him in 2014. Every Show with AB, Slash or Solo since then has taken place either during the mid terms or during finals so when he announced his tour with a Seattle show the night before the last possible day of exams I said screw it and bought the ticket. I drove for 4 hours to see him play. The night started off strong with Devil on the Wall Myles clearly enjoying himself along with Tim and Zia. The Great Beyond is a song which I regrettably at the time wasn't familiar with as I hadn't listened to it since my initial run through the album, Myles high notes were amazing and the song has become a regular listen since. Myles soon let his band rest and he did two tracks from Fortress honestly was only expecting one so when the second was played right after I was quite happy. The Band returned for a couple songs including Haunted by design which had a killed instrumental outro. Tim took a break while Myles and Zia ran through Mayfield four songs, Initally only planning on playing Eden and White Flag they added in Don't Walk Away midway through and told the story of how they had wrote the song in Seattle years prior. This was their first performance of the song in 20 years. The Trooper was an interesting addition as a Maiden fan I quite liked hearing the song complete with a "Scream for me Seattle!" from Myles. The next chunk of acoustic songs was a great showcase of Myles abilities to convey emotion and to switch fast paced rockers into acoustic masterpieces. Closing out the main set with 3 more songs from the new Album Myles said goodbye however left a feedback loop going on the stage clearly indicating an encore. Coming back he began Love Can Only Heal with the band kicking in for the finale of the song cementing its place as the best song on the solo album for me. Ending the show with an energetic performance of Going Down the show was done.

Overall this show was unreal and amazing, the band was tight and the only downside is that they don't tour frequently since this line up would be an amazing act in their own right but Myles already has AB and SMKC so adding a permanent 3rd band would be stretching him thin. Oh and at points during the night Myles dog would walk on from back stage with his Wife watching from the sides.