Milan Rho Fiera 25th June

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
gobaloon
TABN.com Citizen

Milan Rho Fiera 25th June

Post by gobaloon »

So I made the decision to come to this as had some work to do in Milan and it fitted in well...it actually ensured I got my ass to Milan to a follow up meeting.

I wasnt sure what to expect and found out that Rho was outside the city and was an outdoor arena. The day of the concert I found out that it was a bit of a mini festival starting early in the day on a Wednesday on a work/School day...slightly bizarre...I found out later that axlar flagged the line up but I somehow missed it.

I originally thought there were only 2 bands: AB & Aerosmith--the webpage said doors opened at 6. Turns out they opened at 1pm and there were 5 bands and it was outdoor--please dont rain!

Lineup:

Aerosmith
Alter Bridge
Extreme
Walking Papers
The Treatment

I wanted to see Walking Papers but they were finished before I got to the stadium (!).

I went with some friends so we make it there just before Extreme begin--the stadium in my head is not a stadium--its an Expo centre and the stage is set up in a mighty big car park.

Fans are starting to stream in after work. No one is interested in Extreme--they do a couple of their hits and the crowd warm to them.

I have a beer then 2. Then I think ok--Extreme have finished so lets take care of any possible rest room activity before the AB boys come on...its 7:40. Expect them on at 8.

Well the queues were crazy--after 10 minutes of queuing--I see the Fortress poster come down on stage and what sounds like the first bars of Addicted--gotta run stage left towards the stage...the near empty areas around the stage is now packed...I am a good 50 feet back.

The sound is terrible--Myles is asking can you hear us. They fix it. Myles sounds good...then Brian's bass is crackling like crazy. They fix it. The boys sound good--I position myself next to some AB fans as I lost my friend in the toilet queue. Myles gets the crowd clapping and is engaging them.

The band sound sharp but seems a bit strange stood in a car park and most of the fans are not there to see AB. The video screens are not used for AB and the sound for Aerosmith was much different. The set was just under 1 hour.

Highlight was they did Fortress--First time I had seen it live. Also they finished with Rise Today which is the best I ever heard Myles sing it live.

I thought the set list was short considering they were the main support group. 10 songs:
Addicted to Pain
Come to Life
Before Tomorrow Comes
Cry of Achilles
Ghost of Days Gone By
Fortress
Metalingus
Blackbird
Isolation
Rise Today

Overall -- a good performance. I personally thought it was a little flat due to crowd but AB were good and Myles voice was great.

There had to be over 30,000 people there at least.
Last edited by gobaloon on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Re: Milan Rho Fiera 25th June

Post by anguyen92 »

I didn't state the line-up. That was Axlar that mentioned that it was a somewhat mini-festival. I thought, initially, that it was only going to be two bands (instead of the five that was there).
Last edited by anguyen92 on Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gobaloon
TABN.com Citizen

Post by gobaloon »

sorry mate--I will change it.

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Nice review..

Set list might seem short, but keep in mind there's two long songs in there that would normally fit 2 songs each...

Last night at Graspop they were contemplating on which sing to take out to add fortress, but then they decided to not play fortress and keep some heavy songs as it was a metal oriented festival..
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Yep. With Cry of Achilles, Fortress, and Blackbird all in the same set, that's 22 min. in a 60 min. set and that's not including the gaps in between songs. With about 5 min (with gaps) per song, that puts them to around 57-60 min. and bands, when supporting, are a bit leery of going over than what they are given especially if the main act is as big as Aerosmith.