Minneapolis 05-01-14

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
jcrowe
Brand New Start

Minneapolis 05-01-14

Post by jcrowe »

Sorry this won't be the longest / most in depth review. I am writing on my phone and will surely be tired of typing very quickly.

But I wanted to chime in to hopefully get some others who were there to speak up. In my opinion this wast the best AB show I've ever been to (out of 7)

Perhaps it was because I did VIP. Maybe it was because my little brother drove 6 hours from Omaha with me to catch his first long overdue AB show. Maybe it was because it was the first sold out show I've seen them play. Maybe it was because they played every song at its intended pace for the first time that I've seen live. Maybe the crowd was special. Maybe it was the killer setlist. More likely it was the sum of those parts. But wow what a night.

Thank you to the woman who yelled "calm the fire??" As the guys were just about to call it quits on the sound check.

Thank you to the venue for having like 20 bars. I never had to move more than 20 feet to get a new beer. So I never missed one second of the show.

Thank you to the random dude (Jeremy?) who head banged along side of me and high fived me. ( more and more frequently as I consumed more of those beers.)

Thank you Alter Bridge!

axlar
Site Admin

Re: Minneapolis 05-01-14

Post by axlar »

I enjoyed this gig a lot.. Awesome small venue, crowd was awesome too... Like the Atlanta show, and unlike the two Chicago shows, this one felt like a European show again, with a super enthusiastic crowd, and a very enthusiastic band as well!

Jcrowe, did we meet?
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

Not sure axlar. Forgive my ignorance but how would I recognize you? Help me rack my memory a bit friend.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

He's gigantic!! Like 6'-5" and glasses and a beard! :) he's also from the Netherlands so he's got a nice Dutch accent.
Photobucket cash grab.

jcrowe
Brand New Start

Post by jcrowe »

Ah that's funny because I was next to a guy who was extremely tall. But I don't think I remember a beard. That's so cool that you made it all the way to Minnesota for some Bridge though. Some day I shall see them overseas! :rockon

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/woa1ok4wLUI[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/hO7bBFqP9ZA[/youtube]

[youtube]http://youtu.be/0_IhlEZMAQQ[/youtube]
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS