VIP Ticket Review

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
Ahines
Brand New Start

VIP Ticket Review

Post by Ahines »

Hey, this will be my 2nd AB concert since 2011. I recently bought a VIP ticket upgrade for the show in Kansas City on May 2nd. Can anyone give me a good review of the VIP experiences they have had at other conferences please? Thanks!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Re: VIP Ticket Review

Post by abw1987 »

I wasn't able to purchase a VIP upgrade, but from what I've heard it's pretty rushed. I guess that's to be expected since I think they sell roughly 100 VIP spots. If the band spent more than a couple minutes with each fan, it'd take hours.

From what I understand, you all line up to quickly get photos with the entire band. The photos are professionally-shot, and you get access to them sometime after the show. Then you get back in line and get to meet the band sitting down at a table, where they will autograph one item for you. Then you get to watch the sound check, and most importantly that means you get to enter the venue before anyone else, so you're guaranteed a good spot in front of the stage.

Hopefully I haven't misstated anything! If any VIPs want to chime in, feel free. :)

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Most of the time sound heck is before the photo pop and meet n greet. But you're pretty spot on.. Also include that you get crowd free merch buying before the show. So that's cool.. And they still have all in stock unlike at the end of the night.
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Do they have anything to sign, or should we bring something?
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

im pretty sure they give you a poster and a tour shirt with the package right?

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

How much is VIP?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:How much is VIP?
I believe it is $150. That does not include the ticket.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Well...time to start saving.

alterchris
TABN.com Citizen

Post by alterchris »

I purchased two - one for myself and one for my 14 year-old daughter for the Denver show.

We got in around 4:30 pm and waited roughly 20 minutes before going into the sound check. Alter Bridge did three and a half songs (Brand New Start-half, Cry of Achilles, All Hope is Gone, Waters Rising). We then lined up to take the photos. I was able to introduce myself to all of the band members and shake their hands. During the autograph session my daughter was so awestruck she seized up and forgot what she wanted to say. I told the guys a funny story about my daughter back in 2011 when she wanted Taylor Swift tickets - I told her it's a deal if she went with me to Alter Bridge. At that time she was like "WHO???". I told them to look at her now as she had begged me for VIP tickets when she found out they were touring in Denver. The guys were very cool and down to earth. Worth every penny in my opinion.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

I'm posting here for the first time so if I did anything wrong, please let me know.

I was browsing the forum and the Internet to find some details about Meet'n'Greet but I wasn’t able to find the answer to my doubt.
Me and my husband are planning to go to the concert in Prague on June 14.
I am considering purchasing a M'n'G ticket, however, my husband will attend the concert only.

Now I am wondering: if M'n'G guarantees "early access", will we be able to find each other at the venue after they open the gates for "regular" fans?
Although I am really eager to experience all that is included in the VIP ticket, I want to enjoy the gig standing by my husband even more so because the concert's date is 8 years and one day after we got married so it is our wedding anniversary gift for each other :-) Would be strange if we spent it separately, wouldn’t it? ;-)

I’d be grateful for all your hints/advice.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Ok, found more less the same question:
ToNsOFuN88 wrote:
Gingerella72 wrote:I'm going to the September 29th show in Lincoln, NE! This will be my first time seeing AB and I'm so excited. I about died when I saw they were coming to Nebraska, and on a headline show to boot. I also splurged and bought the VIP meet & greet package, it's my christmas present for like the next two years, haha. My husband didn't want to do the VIP thing (nor could we afford for both of us to) but he'll go to the concert.

Has anyone ever done the VIP thing? I'm worried my husband and I won't be able to meet up again and I'll have to fly solo for the entire show. It's a small intimate venue, maybe 300-400 capacity tops. Since I'll get early entry into the venue I'm hoping he'll be able to worm his way to the front to find me after he's allowed in, but I have no idea what to expect.
Should be fine, because the VIP and concert ticket are separate. You will go in without him for the soundcheck and meet and greet, then they release you and let everyone in. That's when you go to the seat on your ticket. It's cool for your situation, but it also kinda sucks. I thought I was going to be front of house because of buying VIP (not a cheap investment), but I had to go to the back of the floor area where my ticket seating was. This was how they did it for the Fortress tour, but I would expect it be the same way.
Still no answer what happens if it's a general admission show with no seats...

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

Same concept on the general admission shows. Last show I went to the VIP people went in and got to meet the band and got to see the soundcheck. Afterwards those people come back out and are placed in a separate line and then they are let into the venue first. After they are all in the general admission line is let in. If there are no seats the VIP people will fill in on the rail first so in your case maybe ask somebody if it's okay if you hold a spot or wait for the general line to come in to meet with him. Last show I was in general admission and still got on the rail, but I was off to the side more. It all depends on how many VIP tickets are sold.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Thanks a lot. It's clear now that it is all unclear ;-) Now I know nobody will tell me anything 100% sure because it all seems to depend on the venue, organisation, number of people, so a lot of uncertainty...

I think I have to answer the first and basic question: whether it is really important for me to stand at the rail. After all I'm not that young and maybe I should leave the space at the front for others and think about enjoying more sound than vision ;-) Then, after the "general admission line" comes in, I could simply go to the back and find my husband.

Frankly speaking, I am shocked that I even consider M'n'G. It's a hell lot of money but on the other hand it might be a "once-in-a-lifetime occasion"...

tzAB
Brand New Start

Post by tzAB »

There is always the option of waiting after the show and meeting the guys. Again this all depends on the venue and where the buses are, but when I saw them the buses were across the street and a few of us gathered by the venue back door and waiting about an hour or two. We met everyone besides Myles and each member chatted with us for a good 10 mins each and signed and took pictures.

Tigra
Isolated

Post by Tigra »

Yep, you're right.

Thanks a lot for your advice.