Baltimore 4/21/14

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Baltimore 4/21/14

Post by uctalum01 »

I'm here second row and Paul Reed Smith just came out before AB's set holding a guitar that definitely wasn't one of Mark's (not a single cut). AB should be out in a few minutes!!!

Edit: he and Ernie were looking at the PRS amp in Mark's rig. He plugged the guitar he was holding in, played a few notes then walked off and put the guitar in a case.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: Baltimore 4/21/14

Post by austinjhnsn »

This continuous hinting at a signature Myles PRS is getting crazy. We know its coming, lets see it!

Have fun!
Thanks Timo!

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Someone on the Army of 12 Facebook page asked Mark about a Myles signature at one of his guitar teaching segments. It's happening. Mark showed some of them a picture of the guitar, and apparently it looks like a pale yellow Starla without the bottom half of the pick guard.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

eww...lol
Photobucket cash grab.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Ryan wrote:eww...lol
Exactly what I thought. :lol
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Addicted to Pain
White Knuckles
Come to Life
Cry of Achilles
Brand New Start
Ghost of Days Gone By
Ties That Bind
Waters Rising
Isolation
Broken Wings
Farther Than the Sun
Metalingus
One Day Remains
Blackbird
Open Your Eyes
Encore:
Dueling Guitar Solos – Mark and Myles
(with Paul Reed Smith)
Rise Today
(with Paul Reed Smith)

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-bri ... 3df20.html
Like how they're working in One Day Remains a little bit, probably sounds pretty good at normal speed!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

I'm sure myles was still feeling bad from the other day. Really weird to think that in a year's time I'll likely be going to shows in Baltimore rather than Dallas

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

guitar duels...*sigh*

we need more Fortress songs.

and yeah, alex (abw1987) went to the show, said myles was still feeling under the weather.
Photobucket cash grab.

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

Just got home. Yeah. Myles sounded great, but did turn it over to the crowd more than usual and you could hear it in his voice when he was talking between songs.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Whats wrong with him. I've been out of the loop.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

He's caught a bug.
Thanks Timo!

rockit2112
TABN.com Citizen

Post by rockit2112 »

Andy92 wrote:Someone on the Army of 12 Facebook page asked Mark about a Myles signature at one of his guitar teaching segments. It's happening. Mark showed some of them a picture of the guitar, and apparently it looks like a pale yellow Starla without the bottom half of the pick guard.
I asked him about it at the Atlanta clinic, and this is pretty much correct. Looked kinda like a darker Boydburst, Starla body though Mark said the body should be thicker, I believe a bigger neck, and the Bigsby.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Hmmm, if that's the case, things are not going to be easier for Myles when they are playing another show today in Boston if it ever is easy for him in the 1st place.

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

Not only did I meet Scott Phillips extended family, I also got my picture taken with Paul Reed Smith at the end of the show. Never imagined that would happen. Very humble guy.

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

Ryan wrote:guitar duels...*sigh*

we need more Fortress songs.

and yeah, alex (abw1987) went to the show, said myles was still feeling under the weather.
I can confirm Myles was not feeling well. He was the only member I didn't get to meet at the ATL after show because he was hiding out in his room. Flip told me his voice was killing him 4-5 songs in, and he was suffering a bit.
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

mycarhasabs wrote:Not only did I meet Scott Phillips extended family, I also got my picture taken with Paul Reed Smith at the end of the show. Never imagined that would happen. Very humble guy.
Did you meet Scott's daughter? She was hilarious in ATL. At midnight, she ran up to me and screamed HAPPY EASTER and held her hand up for a high five.
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

timusca wrote:
mycarhasabs wrote:Not only did I meet Scott Phillips extended family, I also got my picture taken with Paul Reed Smith at the end of the show. Never imagined that would happen. Very humble guy.
Did you meet Scott's daughter? She was hilarious in ATL. At midnight, she ran up to me and screamed HAPPY EASTER and held her hand up for a high five.

No, I met his female cousin. I didn't catch her name. She was with a bald headed guy and they were both drinking rum and cokes all night. Funny thing was he kept pulling her hair back and 'grabbing her', hahaha. They were clearly having a good time so I was like, "I see nothing,..whatever haha". I asked the other guy they were with how much the VIP tix were. They had VIP stickers on and then she chimed in and said they were free..she was Scott's cousin. Talked on and off throughout the night, short bits nothing special but the bald headed guy she was with repeated said Scott Stapp was a p**** lol.

And then....Mr Paul Reed Smith comes out from back stage around the bar area and my friend runs over. I thought the guard was going to knock him out but PRS came back out shortly and my friend , being the more aggressive one, asked for a picture. So I took the only chance I had and got in with it.

My friend was wearing a Fender shirt and PRS said *while poking him* you're wearing the wrong shirt. I told him "of all days...I didn't wear my PRS shirt...I'm so dissapointed in myself haha". But he was a pretty chill older dude.

Good times.

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

Btw, does anyone know why they're avoiding Fortress material? I think they may have played 2 songs off fortress total last night. I was kinda hoping to hear The Uninvited live but oh well, at least they still played Blackbird.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

They played four songs it looked like according to setlist.fm (Addicted to Pain, Cry of Achilles, Waters Rising, Farther Than the Sun) which is pretty decent compared to other bands that released new material but only play 1-2 songs from it (Alice in Chains [based on their recent shows] and Five Finger Death Punch, there's bound to be more, but I can't think of any), but not as good as bands that released new material and focuses the setlist on it (Rush, Metallica, Slash/Myles/Conspirators, etc.).

I wish they could play more songs from Fortress, but they feel hesitant for various reasons (probably think they can't pull it off to the fullest, may think crowd won't react well to it, etc.) We just got to keep encouraging them.

I also heard word that they may wanted to do the title track, but didn't because Myles was too under the weather to pull off the guitar solos (I think).