Baltimore 4/21/14

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Re: Baltimore 4/21/14

Post by mycarhasabs »

Ohh, that's right I do remember Waters Rising. Ooops.

timusca
Bought The CDs

Post by timusca »

mycarhasabs wrote:Btw, does anyone know why they're avoiding Fortress material? I think they may have played 2 songs off fortress total last night. I was kinda hoping to hear The Uninvited live but oh well, at least they still played Blackbird.
They played 4 Fortress songs in ATL. Setlist had 5 listed, but they replaced Fortress with the dueling guitars.
"Whoa, this has wicked dueling guitar solos! It's like squeedly versus meedley over here!" - Strong Bad

mycarhasabs
Brand New Start

Post by mycarhasabs »

timusca wrote:
mycarhasabs wrote:Btw, does anyone know why they're avoiding Fortress material? I think they may have played 2 songs off fortress total last night. I was kinda hoping to hear The Uninvited live but oh well, at least they still played Blackbird.
They played 4 Fortress songs in ATL. Setlist had 5 listed, but they replaced Fortress with the dueling guitars.
mmm, just one more reason for me to try and go again soon. Hopefully it won't be a 7 year difference again.

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

I wish they would realize that A. That don't really have any "hits" that can't be removed. And B. if we're coming to an AB show, we MUST be diehards who know all of the material.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Will
Still Remains

Post by Will »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/pBBVc6e_ja0[/youtube]
PHOTOSHOPPING IS FOR SCHMUCKS

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

He looks completely blown away by the wall of sound

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Love PRS, such a cool dude. hes pretty much the steve jobs of the guitar world.
Thanks Timo!

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

I was credit carded by someone behind me no less than 5 times at this show. That is all.

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Oh my! Hahahahhaha! Poor Alex.
Photobucket cash grab.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Haha, it was more funny than anything. There was a couple standing behind me, and the girl was really drunk. I think she was just amusing herself.

Show was good! Crowd was average for a US show, but they happily sang along whenever Myles turned out over to them -- which he did a lot because of his cold. And it was sold out; it always helps when the house is packed.

Also I grabbed a photo with Paul Reed Smith (who seemed bewildered that so many people recognized him), and got to meet Mark and Flip for a bit as well. Mark said he was supposed to finally take delivery of his Joe Fenton Tremonti, but PRS is taking a bit longer than expected to complete the finish on it. He said he plans to play it live, rather than just displaying it at home -- awesome!

liz-o
Bought The CDs

Post by liz-o »

Will wrote:[youtube]http://youtu.be/pBBVc6e_ja0[/youtube]
Oh hey, that's my video! :D Still can't believe that my sister and I made it to the rail for our first-ever AB gig, especially when an AB gig at Rams Head in Baltimore pretty much guarantees a visit from PRS himself during the encore. :cloud9

Speaking of this encore, I've got a question that I was wondering if you all could help we with. Right after I stopped recording, a photographer stood up onto Flip's platform and got the guys to pose with the entire crowd behind them. I quickly took a photo of my perspective right before this photographer started to take his:
I've been looking for this photographer's view of this moment in every photo that I've found from this gig, but I've had no luck so far! Does anyone know where else I could look to find that photo, assuming that it's been posted online by now?

[P.S.: Since I took hundreds of photos that night, I looked through my stash of outtakes and noticed that there were three photographers in the photo pit during the initial three-song-limit at the top of the show. However, this man was the sole photographer that got to shoot the entirety of the show, AND also had access to shoot side-stage. With this sort of all-access situation, I have to assume that he was hired to shoot the show by PRS, Fret12, or the band's management; perhaps that's the reason why these photos have yet to surface? Thoughts?]

fix
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by fix »

I've never seen that yellow guitar before on Myles?

Fish Tacos
Burn It Down

Post by Fish Tacos »

Almost a year old but that's so slick when Myles does that move with the guitar against the mic stand.

*swoons*