Alter Bridge - House of Blues 04/15/2014

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
ruphen
Brand New Start

Alter Bridge - House of Blues 04/15/2014

Post by ruphen »

where are all the Houston reviews?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: Alter Bridge - House of Blues 04/15/2014

Post by austinjhnsn »

in the houston thread..
Thanks Timo!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

lol there is no houston one

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

i confused it with yours... my bad
Thanks Timo!

ruphen
Brand New Start

Post by ruphen »

My brother and I have followed AB since the beginning. we have seen most of the Texas tour dates since '04. We were sitting on the Balcony at the house of blues here in Houston, and had a good view of the band except for Mark. His guitar seemed low in the mix. it was an awesome concert and Monster Truck was impressive and played some really good rock and roll, on the bluesy side. Myles was in top shape and was very humble. He obviously wasn't sick yet, which was really a great thing for us. the most surprising song was when they played " find the real" and Myles played the lead guitar solo. it was just sick. Mark was watching him and just nodding his head in approval. has anyone else noticed Myles taking the lead solo on "Find the Real"? it was unbelievable, and simply amazing. they played the usual setlist, when they played Water Rising with Mark on lead vocals, it was really good. I can't believe no one has entered their review for Houston. i didn't get to wait for the band, but saw a large crowd waiting for the guys to come out.

Ruphen

uctalum01
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by uctalum01 »

just watched a video to see what you were talking about in FTR. that's the same as they've been doing for a while now. Myles takes a solo after the second chorus and Mark takes his usual solo as it was recorded on the album. there's a video that I love from I think 2008 where they do just that, but Myles ends up taking Mark's solo, too, after Mark's guitar cuts out.