Best AB concert you've ever been to?

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
Rosenblaetter
Loyal Follower

Re: Best AB concert you've ever been to?

Post by Rosenblaetter »

Kire wrote:#1. Berlin, Nov 5, 2010 - my first AB live, small club and crowd that sung every single words! Flip lost his cymbal before Come To Life :)
Hell yes! I was at that show, it was awesome! The cymbal part was funny and the crowd was insane. It's my favourite club gig.

My favourite overall - their gig in Poland. It was a festival and I was rather far from the stage... They were headlining but didn't know what to expect (definitely they didn't expect the audience to be this huge). We - diehards - didn't know what to expect either.

And yet - they won everyone over in a minute - I've never seen such a thing!
Thousands of people didn't know how to sing in Open Your Eyes :lol They were just repeating after Myles and then improvising - he couldn't stop laughing.
June 2011, I think.

(Myles having fun)

[youtube]http://youtu.be/iVvMrpusmww[/youtube]

Even the wind was perfect (they opened with Slip To The Void) :P

[youtube]http://youtu.be/yAjRQ50fYx0[/youtube]
FYI I'm a woman.
--------------------
Past shows: Alter Bridge 10.11 NL, Kensington 11.11 NL, Alter Bridge 16.11 PL
Future shows: Kensington 15.02 DE, Kensington 17.02 PL, Rival Sons 18.02 PL

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

2004 Melkweg, Amsterdam - one of the three tryout gigs in Europe (together with Berlin and London), first time meeting the guys, and being blown away by how nice, friendly and down to earth they are..

2005 Paradiso, Amsterdam - one of the best venues out there, special night to me, was an awesome afternoon, asweome gig and great evening.

2013 Coliseu dos Recreios, Lisbon - what an awesome venue, awesome crowd, Fortress was played live

theres many more memorable gigs, like San Fransisco on Brians orthday to later run into them in a bar.. lol, Stockholm is always cool with the snow and awesome people and all, and brussels in 2011 has a special spot as Mark made it unforgettable by letting me and a few friends hear the early works of his solo album before the show...
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Ax, I was watching youtubes of that Lisbon gig. That looked and sounded amazing. I loved when everyone was singing Schlip and Myles was just standing there.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

axlar
Site Admin

Post by axlar »

Yeah. Guess he (foolishly) didn't expect ppl to sing along as they had not been there before!
He was soaking it all in, grinning ear to ear!
"Sing it, Stijn!"
— Myles Kennedy, during Rise Today
Heineken Music Hall, Amsterdam, 3 November 2013

SchwiizVT12
TABN.com Citizen

Post by SchwiizVT12 »

Toss up between the first time I got to see AB live in Feb 2008 or the Brixton Nov 2008 gig.

Also, unrelated note but anyone remember this gem of a solo by Myles on the US leg of the Blackbird tour? He was really sick so he did an extended version of his solo.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/ecrc3Fgzxrs[/youtube]

jodialterbridge
Brand New Start

Post by jodialterbridge »

Given AB have only toured to Oz on 3 occasions, 2008 in support of Disturbed, 2012 SW plus sideshows and same again for 2014, out of the seven times I have seen them the sideshow at Sydney Hi-fi was the best hands down. Crowd was pumped, the atmosphere electric and I really felt the boys fed from the energy of the crowd. Definitely my fave show.

zazthespaz
Kumar

Re: Which caused Jim to think I had an eating problem...

Post by zazthespaz »

gbruin wrote:
abw1987 wrote:Hmm, I might need to amend my post. I'm still not 100% sure, but the recent Orlando show might be my #1 now.
That's because hanging with zaz is incomparable. Me, not so much.

I'd put that Orlando show #2 for the incredible performance, the energy, the new songs, the hard core US fans from all over, the hi jinks before and after, and that burnout in the parking lot. And zaz.

My #1 will probably always be Boulder Nov 2007 on the first of the BB tour, and it's for sentimental reasons. I was coming off a night shift and was up for 40 hours straight. Got to the venue at 2. Met some great AB fans. Amazing show. Myles threw a pick that I never saw and it literally fell into my hand. First time I'd ever stayed to meet any band and stood around in the freezing night to do it. Each of the guys were so kind to stand outside and talk to the few of us who waited by the bus. They all signed my ODR lyric sheet that opens to the poster of the cover with the ODR lyrics. It's framed and on the wall in my room now.

I can't think of any single time in my life that I had that sense of peace and well being that I had while making that hour drive home after midnight. Life changed that night.
How did I miss this post? Everything about it is awesome, even the parts that don't involve me!

For me I'd say it's a tie between my first show early in their Blackbird tour (October 13th I wanna say) in Sayreville NJ. I remember thinking their sound was spot on and nothing really tops the first show, which is why I'll say Orlando 2013 ties with it. Awesome to hear some new songs live with the guys I was with and the people I met, none of which would've been possible without that concert which was worth every minute of the 9 hours we waited in line, some with a hangover!
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.
gbruin wrote:
Go reread what zaz says