HOB Dallas 4/14

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
JSlade

Re: HOB Dallas 4/14

Post by JSlade »

One Drew Remains wrote:I'm happy with the Houston setlist. Give me FTR over BTC any day. I do wish they had one spot where they would rotate 2-3 different tunes, but oh well.
I actually groaned when they started playing this at Dallas. That song needs to go.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Not gonna lie, I was into BTC. It sounded good and the lyrics are really meaningful. BNS though definitely needs to go. Couldve slept through that

AHart96
Rise Today

Post by AHart96 »

From last night's show in Houston:
[youtube]http://youtu.be/irqYoomRcPQ[/youtube]
IMO, already a noticeable difference compared to the Dallas show, in a good way. Fucking excited because it's only gonna get better and I'm only 3-4 shows on the tour away from seeing them
Rock Never Dies

Thanks for the sig Don Harry!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

whoever is running the mic's has to be fired haha he is awful. I dont think that performance was all that good, just the position of the camera man made the sound quality of the vocals better

he still pronounces beautiful wrong every time lol

at least in dallas the mic guy was good for achilles

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

AB23 wrote:Not gonna lie, I was into BTC. It sounded good and the lyrics are really meaningful. BNS though definitely needs to go. Couldve slept through that
Agreed on BNS needing to go as well. They could add in two more ABIII tracks. That album doesn't suck like they seem to think it does.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Not a big fan of ABIII. Would've liked to hear something like One day remains or Bleed it Dry in its place, but I was happy with the set list. I didnt expect them to play Calm the Fire at all, and that made my whole night

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

I can't figure out why they don't play Bleed It Dry much. Seems like it'd be an awesome live song.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Maybe Mark is feeling some solo pressure?

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Maybe Mark is feeling some solo pressure?
He pulled the bridge/solo part of All Hope is Gone pretty well. The songs are pretty much similar in structure which makes it odd that they don't play it.

Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Post by Andy92 »

Idk, it's possible. But I've heard him play tougher solos before live. Crowds do tend to fall asleep to BNS though. I'd like to see Bleed It Dry in its place.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

AB4Lyfe wrote:Maybe Mark is feeling some solo pressure?
That solo isn't even hard. He could do it. If he can do the OYE solo every night, then he can pull off the others.

joshuabeau
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by joshuabeau »

So, seems they played Fortress in Biloxi tonight.

Carrie Anne
Brand New Start

Post by Carrie Anne »

Okay, seriously--no pressure to read/watch, BUT if anyone is interested in my more lengthy review (AKA "my love letter to AB") of the show, and a video of me rambling on and on about my VIP experience, the link to my blog post is below.

http://mrswinchelrocks.blogspot.com/201 ... se-of.html

I am loving sharing/seeing what everyone is thinking/experiencing at the shows so far!

agny
On The Rail

Post by agny »

Loved your review, glad you've joined here :)
Alterations: Dec 2010, May 2011, August 2011x2, Sept 2011, Oct 2014x2

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

joshuabeau wrote:So, seems they played Fortress in Biloxi tonight.
Like I'm going to believe that they are playing the title track in Biloxi, Mississippi of all places.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Carrie Anne wrote:Okay, seriously--no pressure to read/watch, BUT if anyone is interested in my more lengthy review (AKA "my love letter to AB") of the show, and a video of me rambling on and on about my VIP experience, the link to my blog post is below.

http://mrswinchelrocks.blogspot.com/201 ... se-of.html

I am loving sharing/seeing what everyone is thinking/experiencing at the shows so far!
2 couples stood next to me and my buddy during the show. Interested to know if one of them were you guys. I know I went to the bathroom and the bar with the lady in one group just cuz, well, i like to drink.

I'm not really a guy to throw up the horns and go with the beat at a concert. I like to take videos, sing along, do whatever myles asks, but sorta not try to draw attention to myself. When I'm on the rail I get into it, but when I'm 5 rows back I usually don't as much. Maybe that narrows it down for you lol.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

joshuabeau wrote:So, seems they played Fortress in Biloxi tonight.
I'm not gonna complain about my set, cuz Calm the Fire absolutely shocked me. But I'm very jealous that I may never get to hear fortress live because I'm doubtful they'll keep it in next album run. I'm thinking way ahead here, but I just have trouble thinking of the 4 songs they'd take out of the current setlist for the next album's batch, while also including a long song like fortress

btw guys, it makes me feel all fuzzy inside when you post stuff from other shows in the dallas thread.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Best concert thread. Concert info from concerts that werent even there.
Thanks Timo!

Ryan
Blood Machines

Post by Ryan »

Moved this to Concert Reviews since it's turned into a review thread now.
Photobucket cash grab.

Carrie Anne
Brand New Start

Post by Carrie Anne »

2 couples stood next to me and my buddy during the show. Interested to know if one of them were you guys. I know I went to the bathroom and the bar with the lady in one group just cuz, well, i like to drink.

I'm not really a guy to throw up the horns and go with the beat at a concert. I like to take videos, sing along, do whatever myles asks, but sorta not try to draw attention to myself. When I'm on the rail I get into it, but when I'm 5 rows back I usually don't as much. Maybe that narrows it down for you lol.
I think we were a few "rows" in front of you. I remember seeing the guy with the wheelchair as we walked back after the show. We were in the second row of people behind the rail RIGHT in front of Myles. I think the guy in front of me was dragged there by his wife/girlfriend because she seemed into it and he did not at all. Lol.

I was going crazy, but I usually don't go THAT nuts at a concert!