Alter Bridge at Ancienne Belgique ● Belgium - 10/25/13

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
Dan Dando
On The Rail

Re: Alter Bridge at Ancienne Belgique ● Belgium - 10/25/13

Post by Dan Dando »

anguyen92 wrote:Maybe, Myles actually did needed a two-month break in between touring with Slash and AB which was not possible during the latter parts of the ABIII tour in 2011.
Plus, would it be fair to say that he can hear his own voice a bit better now he's not centre-stage? I'm not entirely sure how all that works though, so I could be wrong :lol

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Dan Dando wrote:
anguyen92 wrote:Maybe, Myles actually did needed a two-month break in between touring with Slash and AB which was not possible during the latter parts of the ABIII tour in 2011.
Plus, would it be fair to say that he can hear his own voice a bit better now he's not centre-stage? I'm not entirely sure how all that works though, so I could be wrong :lol
Nawwww, you're not wrong. All of these little things that they have been adjusting in doing in approaching their live shows have been working in their favor which makes for some really strong performances.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Myles has said in interviews before that sometimes people think "wow he doesn't sound good his voice must be tired" when in fact its just as simple as him not being able to hear himself.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I heard an interview where he said he was tired on the last leg of the ABIII tour too. He did seem tired.
Thanks Timo!

Decay

Post by Decay »

Felipesh wrote:[youtube]http://youtu.be/qea5hPGwzzM[/youtube]
Just watched this vid, I knew I wouldn't be disappointed.
Man, that was just perfect, spot on performance! I looove Bleed It Dry and I'm so glad they added it to the set.
AB23 wrote:Idk. I have no information, besides just hunches. But if I was to guess on a song they are introducing next it's Lover. Maybe they are alternating between adding in heavy songs then lighter songs. For example:

Calm the Fire then
Bleed it Dry then
Lover then
Peace is Broken then
All Ends Well then
Fortress

Like I said, I don't have any info other than what they have played at soundcheck. But that would be my guess as to what they might be trying to do
That seems plausible and I would love nothing more than songs off of Fortress' to be played the most. Whatever they debut next, it's gonna be great.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I knew I'd like this song more live! Very well done boys!!

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Dan Dando wrote:
I'm pretty sure that this is a very important aspect to his overall performance, too. He sings so fucking amazing during this tour, it just makes me happy.

Bleed It Dry was just awesome - I can't wait to see this masterpiece of a solo live, definitely should be one of the absolute highlights. Mark did an amazing job there, without a doubt one of his greatest solos so far!

Seaside53
Brand New Start

Post by Seaside53 »

That was fantastic in every way. I say this every time they tour Europe, but next time, i'm gonna save up a heap of cash and tour with them and visit all these countries. Not sure my wife will be too pleased about it, but that's her problem. :)

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

Seaside53 wrote:That was fantastic in every way. I say this every time they tour Europe, but next time, i'm gonna save up a heap of cash and tour with them and visit all these countries. Not sure my wife will be too pleased about it, but that's her problem. :)
I'd love to do this, too, but it's close to impossible for me, unfortunately...

RoelSmoel
Isolated

Post by RoelSmoel »

I'm on the train to Berlin right now. Most comfortable way of traveling I ever did!

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

AB23 wrote:I've watched it twice and I still can't find anything bad about it or any parts where they messed up
Myles kicked in too late in the intro, and he screwed up those jazzy chords before Mark's solo. I noticed you can't really hear that in that video, so it's no big deal at all, but he was making funny faces towards me and my friends because he screwed up. One of my favourite moments of the night :lol
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Alteredge
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Alteredge »

Its so nice to see myles and mark hugg after they have played a new song...
amazing moment

and honestly sayimg i think even mark was dieing to play bleed it dry solo
u can actually see he is enjoying every single note he played ..wooowww

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

Fuck Brussels getting the best setlist
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

youknowverywell
White Knuckled

Post by youknowverywell »

The only part they messed up that I can really tell is the end chorus. Mark is supposed to be echoing what Myles is saying

Bleed it dry, leave us here with nothing (Leave us here with nothing!)
Justify all that you consume (All that you consume!)
Bleed it dry, what is this becoming? (What is this becoming?)
All your life, serve no one but you! (No one but you!)

But in the last chorus they did this haha Mark got it right, Myles messed up =P

Bleed it dry, what is this becoming? (Leave us here with nothing!)
All your life, serve no one but you... (All that you consume!)
Bleed it dry, what is this becoming? (What is this becoming?)
All your life, serve no one but you! (No one but YOU!)

hahaha And then you can see Myles go over and be like "My bad, that was my fault." Props to Mark for singing the right lyrics, though, he must've been really focused. I think it sounds pretty cool with the lyrics mixed up. Sick performance \m/

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

So here's my little review:
I had a great night. This was definitely the tightest AB show I've been to. It might be my favourite Alter Bridge show so far because of that.

The possitives: Really tight show, Myles goofing around with Brian in the intro of Metalingus, Myles screwing up the outro of Blackbird and improvising, Bleed It Dry debut(!), Calm The Fire was absolutely beautiful, The crowd during Cry Of Achilles (and the performance of course!), Watch Over You duet with Lzzy, meeting Mark, Myles and Flip after the show...

All the new songs sounded really good live. The crowd reacted very enthousiastic during Cry of Achilles, Addicted To Pain, Waters Rising and Calm The Fire. I was really surprised that Calm The Fire got such a great reception. I thought the crowd was kinda mellow during Bleed It Dry though, compared to the other Fortress songs.

The slow tempos made the songs sound so much better. I didn't think any of the songs lost their intensity.. It made the songs "groove" a lot more and Myles sounded so much better..

The negatives:
-Horrible mixing.. I was glad I could clearly hear Myles' voice though.
-People are gonna hate me for saying this, because we got the best setlist of the tour so far, but I still thought they played too few Fortress songs. I didn't really feel like songs like Brand New Start of Before Tomorrow comes added that much to the show, and it seemed like the crowd was a lot more into the new songs than into these songs.

I had an amazing time though! It was a nice surprise that they played 5 new songs in stead of 3-4 which I expected them to do.

Here are some pics. I didn't take many pictures during the shows because my camera sucks.

The crowd before the show:

The crowd after the show:

Last note of the show

Me and Scott (my hair looks extemely fluffy in these pictures because of all the headbanging, haha). I told him that I loved the drums on the new album, that I thought the production was a lot better. He seemed really happy about that.

Me, a friend and Mark. I told him that I thought he nailed Waters Rising that night and that I loved the live version of the intro. He was very kind to us. I found it very amusing that he came out of the venue with a coffer in one hand and a guitar in the other.

Me and Myles. There were all these girls asking for kisses and hugs, and I started to feel bad for him, because there were a bunch of them :lol It was very hard to reach him, but when I did I thanked him for playing Calm The Fire and told him that I thought the intro was one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever heard. He seemed to appreciate that.

Autographs! I didn't have any paper with me, so I thought I'd do it this way :D too bad we didn't get to meet Brian though. Almost walked into that pole you can see in the pic, lol.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

So you're just gonna wash those signatures off your arm now huh...

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

W-wash? What's that?

No, I got all their autographes twice or thrice already. I've never done something like this before ;)
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Timotheus wrote:So here's my little review:
I had a great night. This was definitely the tightest AB show I've been to. It might be my favourite Alter Bridge show so far because of that.

The possitives: Really tight show, Myles goofing around with Brian in the intro of Metalingus, Myles screwing up the outro of Blackbird and improvising, Bleed It Dry debut(!), Calm The Fire was absolutely beautiful, The crowd during Cry Of Achilles (and the performance of course!), Watch Over You duet with Lzzy, meeting Mark, Myles and Flip after the show...

All the new songs sounded really good live. The crowd reacted very enthousiastic during Cry of Achilles, Addicted To Pain, Waters Rising and Calm The Fire. I was really surprised that Calm The Fire got such a great reception. I thought the crowd was kinda mellow during Bleed It Dry though, compared to the other Fortress songs.

The slow tempos made the songs sound so much better. I didn't think any of the songs lost their intensity.. It made the songs "groove" a lot more and Myles sounded so much better..

The negatives:
-Horrible mixing.. I was glad I could clearly hear Myles' voice though.
-People are gonna hate me for saying this, because we got the best setlist of the tour so far, but I still thought they played too few Fortress songs. I didn't really feel like songs like Brand New Start of Before Tomorrow comes added that much to the show, and it seemed like the crowd was a lot more into the new songs than into these songs.

I had an amazing time though! It was a nice surprise that they played 5 new songs in stead of 3-4 which I expected them to do.

Here are some pics. I didn't take many pictures during the shows because my camera sucks.

The crowd before the show:

The crowd after the show:

Last note of the show

Me and Scott (my hair looks extemely fluffy in these pictures because of all the headbanging, haha). I told him that I loved the drums on the new album, that I thought the production was a lot better. He seemed really happy about that.

Me, a friend and Mark. I told him that I thought he nailed Waters Rising that night and that I loved the live version of the intro. He was very kind to us. I found it very amusing that he came out of the venue with a coffer in one hand and a guitar in the other.

Me and Myles. There were all these girls asking for kisses and hugs, and I started to feel bad for him, because there were a bunch of them :lol It was very hard to reach him, but when I did I thanked him for playing Calm The Fire and told him that I thought the intro was one of the most beautiful pieces I've ever heard. He seemed to appreciate that.

Autographs! I didn't have any paper with me, so I thought I'd do it this way :D too bad we didn't get to meet Brian though. Almost walked into that pole you can see in the pic, lol.
Wow. Looks like you had a great time, Timo. Happy for ya. :D

Therefromthestart04
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Therefromthestart04 »

So pissed they wait until now to play Bleed it dry and calm the fire ! this is supposed to be the Fortress tour not the Blackbird tour !. Perhaps we could of done without Shinedown on the tour and played smaller venues like in other European countries then the set could of been longer do not understand this why would
you tour an album called Fortress and not play the title track?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Bro calm down. Theres a method to what they're doing . Itll be played eventually
Thanks Timo!