Just got back from the Cardiff show

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
Ryan
Blood Machines

Re: Just got back from the Cardiff show

Post by Ryan »

Jim's got the full song. he'll upload when he's home to do so. can't wait to see it!!

@Inconquerable - don't worry about it, i saw it a laughed and thought i'd tease you about it.
Photobucket cash grab.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I was 2nd row behind a 5ft tall person, so essentially i was front row infront of Myles.

Myles, as per usual for this tour; sounded incredible. There's nothing else that I can say about his vocals, he hit every lick and held pretty much every note he physically could.

The whole band actually messed up Waters Rising, they had timing problems when leading into the vocals in each verse. Overall it was by far the highlight of the night!

So much more to type, i just wanna get these videos up!

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

I'm home now.. Uploading Waters Rising and Watch Over You first..

Check on my YouTube account for next hour or 2 as it's a slow process. They go on in 1080p so takes a while! I think I've got some really fucking excellent quality videos this time though!

Dan Dando
On The Rail

Post by Dan Dando »

Jim wrote:I was 2nd row behind a 5ft tall person, so essentially i was front row infront of Myles.

Myles, as per usual for this tour; sounded incredible. There's nothing else that I can say about his vocals, he hit every lick and held pretty much every note he physically could.

The whole band actually messed up Waters Rising, they had timing problems when leading into the vocals in each verse. Overall it was by far the highlight of the night!

So much more to type, i just wanna get these videos up!
Then you should get some sleep :cheers

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

Someone post his YT account, please.

abw1987
Blood Machines

Post by abw1987 »

Jim wrote:I'm home now.. Uploading Waters Rising and Watch Over You first..

Check on my YouTube account for next hour or 2 as it's a slow process. They go on in 1080p so takes a while! I think I've got some really fucking excellent quality videos this time though!
Aww man... I was about to go to bed :lol

AB4Lyfe
Achilles

Post by AB4Lyfe »

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Thanks for recording the songs, Jim, it's much appreciated. Looking forward to hearing Waters Rising and WOY in particular. That clip on FB sounds pretty good and I imagine the song will only get better as they continue to play it.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

Just found a video of WOY with Lzzy. I doubt it's as good as Jim's will be but it works for now.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Ti0yQmeybVQ[/youtube]

EDIT: Pretty brutal audio quality but what I can hear sounds amazing.

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

hahahahaha she couldnt hit that high note at all

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Awww, this is nice. Yeah, other than the bad audio and Lzzy missing that high note, this is pretty good.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

Ew... That botched high note. Never been a fan of her or her band, but to each their own. I just hate hearing how guttural her screams are... Shit grosses me out. Also, at around 2:09, it sounds like Satan joins in on the chorus.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

JSlade wrote:Ew... That botched high note. Never been a fan of her or her band, but to each their own. I just hate hearing how guttural her screams are... Shit grosses me out. Also, at around 2:09, it sounds like Satan joins in on the chorus.
Hmmm, so I guess we prob. found the source of why AB could have been dubbed satanic. Kidding, of course.

For all intents and purposes and disclaimers, I like Lzzy as a musician. Great voice and decent guitar player and her performing Watch Over You with Myles is what I was hoping would happen when this tour was made. I'm happy at the end of it all. Of course, it's prob. not everyone's taste, but those that went to this particular show are most likely happy that this happened.

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

[youtube]http://youtu.be/u8buFNBt0wk[/youtube]

Myles, what a ham. =D

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

Honestly I can't even watch that video. Idk if its just the quality, but she sounds like shes fucking screaming the entire time.

JSlade

Post by JSlade »

anguyen92 wrote:
JSlade wrote:Ew... That botched high note. Never been a fan of her or her band, but to each their own. I just hate hearing how guttural her screams are... Shit grosses me out. Also, at around 2:09, it sounds like Satan joins in on the chorus.
Hmmm, so I guess we prob. found the source of why AB could have been dubbed satanic. Kidding, of course.

For all intents and purposes and disclaimers, I like Lzzy as a musician. Great voice and decent guitar player and her performing Watch Over You with Myles is what I was hoping would happen when this tour was made. I'm happy at the end of it all. Of course, it's prob. not everyone's taste, but those that went to this particular show are most likely happy that this happened.
Glad you enjoyed their collab. They most likely pleased a lot of fans.

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Inconquerable wrote:[youtube]http://youtu.be/u8buFNBt0wk[/youtube]

Myles, what a ham. =D
Every time, he does something like that intro, the more I want to hear that jazzy parts of his solo album that is never coming. :mope

Inconquerable
Rise Today

Post by Inconquerable »

AB23 wrote:Honestly I can't even watch that video. Idk if its just the quality, but she sounds like shes fucking screaming the entire time.
I think it's mostly the quality to be honest, the short clip from Instagram or where ever it came from didn't sound to me like she was screaming so I'm blaming the quality for now. The chorus sounds like a massive wall of noise, probably because everybody there is singing it and it's too much for the guy's phone/camera/whatever to pick up properly.

Decay

Post by Decay »

Isolation sounded great! And that rendition of Watch Over You was nice... :D

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Typical, always picking out the ONE tiny missed note in a beautiful duet.