Manchester - Phones4U Arena - 22nd October

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Re: Manchester - Phones4U Arena - 22nd October

Post by austinjhnsn »

Yeup^ He almost has no charisma anymore. He dances around the stage like some circus performer. Makes me happen to know AB has someone like Myles who is a good frontman but isn't completely full of himself.
Thanks Timo!

BSC
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by BSC »

When they played that acoustic song he went on a big speech about how rock n roll is a way of life, so I thought 'Fuck this, going for a piss', I heard they actually started playing the song, but by the time I got back he carried on talking again :lol

Ridiculous band. I'm still shocked at how well received they were.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I mean, they really used to be pretty good back in their first two or three albums... But honestly, the line up change has them cursed in my opinion.
Thanks Timo!

Macca
Greg

Post by Macca »

My friend got one of the speeches on video, anyone who was at the other shows prolly knows it word for word

[youtube]http://youtu.be/53AEKN_WjQY[/youtube]
AllC392Was wrote:How is Macca funny?

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

This speech thing started with the song Second Chance. He ALWAYS did a speech for that song when SoM came out. Now he does it pretty much every song.
Thanks Timo!

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

Well, hopefully they change it up for the next album/tour. They have gotten progressively softer as the years go by. I read somewhere (maybe on here) that they were looking to do a quick, hard rocking record next time out. We can hope.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

I want something raw like Us and them, but heavy like Leave a Whisper. If we get something like that without all the sappy bullshit I'll be happy.
Thanks Timo!

Isak
Bought The CDs

Post by Isak »

What is up with that speech? I didn't think it was so bad, but man that is a terrible speech and what makes it even more horrible is the band playing in the background...in some way it becomes even more gooey. That speech could easily be in the ending of a bad Disney-movie.
LÅ, BD, SWE.
When I could only see the floor, you made my window a door
[center]TABN visitor (Issens) since 2008 but I am a shy Swedish reader[/center]

Decay

Post by Decay »

Jeez, what a monologue that was... -.-'

Well, at least he is using his voice for something, if not for singing.
BSC wrote:When they played that acoustic song he went on a big speech about how rock n roll is a way of life, so I thought 'Fuck this, going for a piss', I heard they actually started playing the song, but by the time I got back he carried on talking again :lol

Ridiculous band. I'm still shocked at how well received they were.
'Fuck this, going for a piss' - I would've done the same thing. :lol

I actually like this band, a lot (even though I think they're kinda 'limited' with their songwriting, but are definitely able to write so much better and try new things). But this thing Brent has going on (the monotonous monologues) and lip-syncing is making me sick. If you'd rather talk than play your tunes, leave the stage and let the other band(s) play.

Midnight-FistFight
Brand New Start

Post by Midnight-FistFight »

Has annoyed me a little that Shinedown might be the reason why AB couldn't bring out Calm The Fire during their set...and If you think think that speech was bad, should've heard him giving a red head the glad eye!

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

After watching that video I want to hurt him physically. So there's that.

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

Macca wrote:My friend got one of the speeches on video, anyone who was at the other shows prolly knows it word for word

[youtube]http://youtu.be/53AEKN_WjQY[/youtube]
THIS IS YOUR NIGHT, THIS IS YOUR MOMENT, THESE ARE YOUR MEMORIES.

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Every single show. He's always been like it, he used to talk ALOT more before Amaryllis came out

The new line up and direction has cursed them completely! I miss 2004-2006 Shinedown dearly.. Now they're all instagram selfies and speeches

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

Shinedown didn't run over I don't think. Alter Bridge started at the same time in Glasgow as they did in Manchester. I can only assume they started between 9.10-9.15 at the other gigs also?

I didn't turn up until 3/4 the way through Shinedown's set in Manchester as they pissed me off so much in Glasgow. Which was a shame as I enjored Halestorm.
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

AB23
Still Remains

Post by AB23 »

He's such a damn hypocrite too. He makes all these inspirational speeches and tries to get a rise out of the crowd before he starts lip syncing. I still can't tell which part of his performance is faker....

WkdSelina
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by WkdSelina »

Patty wrote:Shinedown didn't run over I don't think. Alter Bridge started at the same time in Glasgow as they did in Manchester. I can only assume they started between 9.10-9.15 at the other gigs also?

I didn't turn up until 3/4 the way through Shinedown's set in Manchester as they pissed me off so much in Glasgow. Which was a shame as I enjored Halestorm.
Nope AB were on at 9.05pm at previous gigs bar first night Nottingham because Shinedown went well over their finish time by almost 10mins!

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

I must give them credit though. They really do get the crowd going when there is actually songs on the go.
Credit to the original sig creator. (Please remind me who you are so I can credit you properly)

Patty
White Knuckled

Post by Patty »

WkdSelina wrote:
Patty wrote:Shinedown didn't run over I don't think. Alter Bridge started at the same time in Glasgow as they did in Manchester. I can only assume they started between 9.10-9.15 at the other gigs also?

Nope AB were on at 9.05pm at previous gigs bar first night Nottingham because Shinedown went well over their finish time by almost 10mins!
Well that's annoying that they were allowed to do that two nights in a row. Glasgow and Manchester shows are what I was basing it on.

Blackbird
Hardcore TABN'er

Post by Blackbird »

AB23 wrote:You don't think though that if the fans wanted to hear the album version of the song they would just listen to it? If they are dishing out 40 plus dollars a night to see a show, and the lead singer literally doesn't sing one note the entire night that's cheap. If there were two options, see AB live lip syncing or don't see AB at all, I wouldn't pay 40 bucks to see myles dance up on stage to try to convey a fake reality where he actually is singing all of the notes. It isn't fair to the fans that he isn't singing live because he doesn't even play an instrument. Brent literally does nothing on stage except move around as if he actually is singing. That's not worth the money like tens of thousands are paying
Well, that's a good point. I also have to say that I completely understand everyone who criticized the band in this topic. I also don't like what they're doing there and though I, personally, always enjoyed his speeches 'cause he performed them with great intensity, I see that he really shouldn't to them in a concert where he's mainly lip-syncing and his band isn't even the main act. That's hypocritical, indeed.

Seaside53
Brand New Start

Post by Seaside53 »

AB23 wrote:After watching that video I want to hurt him physically. So there's that.
That video, i just realised, was for Glasgow, yet word for word, its identical to what he did in Manchester. 5 'and agains' and every accentuated word, every shouted line, it was 100% exactly the same. As the guy above me said, he's not a singer, he's an actor. He's in character on-stage, that character being a fraudster and a hypocrite of the highest order. He says all you need is guitar, drums, bass, killer vocals and a bad-assed song. Well, the killer vocals aren't necessary when you're piping in an Mp3 track of your own voice to 10,000 paying customers and overrunning so much that you're also denying them a chance to hear another song from the headline act.

I hope he wakes up tomorrow and finds that his head has fallen off.