Just got back from the Cardiff show

Tell the world about your concert experiences.
Andy92
You Waste Your Time

Re: Just got back from the Cardiff show

Post by Andy92 »

Jim wrote:Typical, always picking out the ONE tiny missed note in a beautiful duet.
This. Leave it to the people who don't sing to nitpick live singing.
anguyen92 wrote:Oh well. Deal with it.

austinjhnsn
Slip To The Void

Post by austinjhnsn »

Sorry, it caught my attention lol. I thought it was a beautiful performance. I liked it better than the Christina Scabbia collab. I like how Lzzy stopped when Myles sang "Ease your pain", kinda like she was just admiring his voice at that moment.
Thanks Timo!

Decay

Post by Decay »

:yeahthat

Plus, it'd be cool if they did a song together... :D

gbruin
MEGLADONG

Post by gbruin »

See? Waters Rising. WOY duet. Myles hamming it up between songs. Wales rules.
Another photobucket casualty... :(
As your courage crashes down before your eyes, don't lay down and die

anguyen92
Expert Comma Negotiator

Post by anguyen92 »

Jim wrote:Typical, always picking out the ONE tiny missed note in a beautiful duet.
No wonder these guys are so hesitant on trying something new in the setlist. If something looks out of place on their 1st attempt, some people here, myself included, is going to pick out at it.

Mister Gold
TABN.com Citizen

Post by Mister Gold »

Personally, I'd rather see the band take chances live like this than just play it safe the whole time. I understand why they'd choose to go that route, but I think it's more detrimental for them to do that in the long run. If a band just keeps playing the same basic setlist on every tour they do, their crowds are just going to get smaller and smaller over time.

For example, I've seen Journey twice. Once in 2009 and another time in 2011. The first time, they played all of their big hits, played some smaller songs of theirs too and did a good job representing the album they were supporting at that time.

The second time around, they'd just released a new album that I had loved and had been excited to see them play. They only played two songs off that album, and they were terrible in a live setting. I would've been okay with it if they had played two of the new songs that they had played in the previous segment of the tour that everyone knew were great songs for a live show. Aside from those two new songs, they played one 'obscure' song and the rest of the setlist were the big hits. I ended up walking away from the show incredibly disappointed and don't feel any inclination to go see them live again. Coincidentally, everyone else I ran into that had been at that show had similar feelings on the matter.
"Do you believe in destiny?"

philgeorge1
Brand New Start

Post by philgeorge1 »

Have I missed a setlist!?

Tom
Jim's Brother

Post by Tom »

i also attended this show, halestorm were AMAZING. they never cease to amaze me, arejay was so good, i love seeing a drummer that gets involved with the crowd and is just a bit nuts (John Fred), Shinedown were yet again an amazing show, awesome to watch, bit annoying how blatant it was that Brent was miming though, diamond eyes was terrible i could hear his singing voice aswell as the backing track, but like x10 quieter. NOT cool.

and then Alter bridge, U N R E A L, best show of theirs i have ever seen (only my third but still) every song was so good, the setlist was perfect. I could only have asked for Fortress, Calm the Fire and One Day Remains, of course id like other but they would never be played. Waters Rising, Ties that bind, Cry of achilles and Watch over you were my highlights, they were so good. Myles was note perfect, as was mark. Every solo was executed to the highest possible standard, flip and brian were both on point. Just an all round excellent show, with an excellent crowd and a shit load to look forward to on the DVD.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I've never really paid attention to Shinedown - how does he get away with miming live?
For all of the hope that it brings...

One Drew Remains
Slip To The Void

Post by One Drew Remains »

He's singing lead. I believe it's a backing track behind him. Or as Tom described, in front of him this time.
Altered:
9/17/11, 5/02/14, 10/16/14, 10/08/16, 1/28/17, 5/13/17, 12/08/17, 10/14/19, 8/17/23

Timotheus
Little Belgian Waffle

Post by Timotheus »

Yea, I saw a video of Second Chance in one of the first shows in the UK. I'm 100% sure he was playbacking in the chorus.
anguyen92 wrote:
Oh well. Deal with it.

Ubik
Bachelor Daddy

Post by Ubik »

I mean with the fans more than the actual mechanism for it. Douchey way to do a live show.
For all of the hope that it brings...

Jim
Blood Machines

Post by Jim »

Well the "average" rock concert fan is either
1. 20 rows back and can't tell
2. Not really paying all that much attention to Brent's actual mouth movements
3. Attending their first Shinedown show and doesn't know about it

Having seen them 9/10 times now, it's kinda killing it for me to wanna see them again..